Monday, July 20, 2020

30 Days of Disney (Minus 29)


One of the trippiest aspects of the COVID pandemic, for me, has been the fact that Disneyland is closed. Forgive me for not being eloquent with my words here, but it's just... weird. 

Sometimes I lay in bed in the mornings and think, "I live in a world where Disneyland can't be open." 

WHAT?!?

Because I miss the good old days when Disneyland was a thing, today I'm doing a writing prompt I found on Pinterest called "30 Days of Disney" (but in one day because I'm rebellious like that!) 

-----------------------------------------

Favorite Villain: 

I don't know what the criteria should be for a favorite villain. I've never put much thought into it, so I'm just going to go with the obvious choice... Mr. Smee.


Favorite Princess: 

Belle. Chalk it up to my dream of gliding along a library wall via rolling ladder. 


Favorite Prince: 

I don't know who counts as an official prince and who doesn't, but Kristoff has really grown on me. If we're talking classic Disney princes, I could definitely be swayed by Prince Eric's blue eyes, and Prince Phillip has a certain je ne sais quoi. Maybe it's the feather hat giving him a bit of a Robin Hood flair. 

Favorite Animal character: 

There are so many great animals in Disney movies. How does one choose? I can't make this definitive, but I really enjoy Heimlich from A Bug's Life. 


Favorite Couple: 

Roger and Anita from 101 Dalmations. 

Favorite Song Sang by a Villain: 

“Be Prepared” by Scar in The Lion King (the original film, of course. I was disappointed to the changes to the song in the live action version) and "Mine, Mine, Mine" by John Ratcliffe in Pocahontas. 

When I was a kid, I choreographed a dance in my room to "Mine, Mine, Mine." There were shovels. It was excellent. Also, I'm a sucker for a "hey nonny, nonny."

Favorite Song Sang by a Princess: 

As a child, it definitely would have been "Part of Your World," by Ariel. As an adult, I don't really have a favorite, but I rather enjoy the songs that Giselle sings in Enchanted.  

Favorite Song Sang by a Couple: 

“I See the Light,” from Tangled and "A Whole New World," from Aladdin. "A Whole New World," stirs something nostalgic in me. It makes me miss something - childhood, maybe? When I hear it, I get all emotional, and I don't know what's happening.

Most Romantic Moment: 

When in the midst of a sword fight, Robin Hood leans over to Maid Marian and says, “Marian, my love, will you marry me?”

Favorite Overall Song: 

“Hakuna Matata” and “Trashing the Camp.”

Favorite Animal Sidekick: 

Sven. When Kristoff does the voice... it slays me. Maybe reindeers really are better than people. 


Favorite Non-Animal Sidekick: 

Genie. He's funny, and he promotes honesty. 

Plus... Robin Williams. I mean, c'mon!


Favorite Disney Pixar Movie: 

Monsters Inc and Cars

Favorite Underrated Movie: 

Meet the Robinsons

Favorite Heroine: 

Moana

Favorite Hero: 

Robin Hood


Favorite Dance Scene: 

“Step in Time” from Mary Poppins


Favorite Magical Moment: 

In Moana when Te Fiti remembers who she is and forgives Maui. Then she lays down to rest.  

Saddest Death: 

Mufasa

Sequel: 

I don't care much for sequels, but Frozen II was pretty good. 

Favorite Kiss: 

I had to really think about this one. I even watched YouTube collaborations for proper research. There are some decent Disney kisses. I have to go with Lady and the Tramp, though. Mostly because Tramp's face afterward is priceless, but also because Tramp then gives Lady the last meatball, and that right there's what love it all about!


Runner's up would be Tarzan and Jane - Jane runs to Tarzan through the water, jumps on him, and kisses him, rendering him completely shocked. Then Tarzan is like, "Hey, I like this!" And Aladdin and Jasmine - gotta love that backwards dive off the balcony. Too bad he was lying about who he was. 


Favorite Disney Theme Park: 

Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure (also known as: the only Disney theme parks I've ever been to)

Favorite Park Attraction: 

Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought I'd never forgive Disney for changing the Tower of Terror, but Guardians has won me over completely. It's an absolute blast, and I love that it's common for everyone to dance and cheer throughout the ride. Pure joy! 

Pure. Joy. 

Favorite Theme Park Show: 

I'm not a big fan of the shows in the parks because I don't like navigating the crowds and fighting for a spot. The shows where you have to stand (like World of Color) are completely miserable to me. Everyone puts their kids on their shoulders (what choice do you have?) and no one can see, and then there's all the pushing and the shoving... I'm about to have a panic attack just thinking about it. However, if I could choose one theme park show to watch from a nice, reserved bench, I would love to watch the Paint the Night Parade followed by the fireworks. 

Favorite Castle: 

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a theme park castle or a castle from a movie, but I'm going to go with Rapunzel’s castle from Tangled (which I just learned is named Corona Castle. WHAT?!?). It reminds me of Mont Saint-Michel in France. A runner-up would be the Beast's castle in Beauty and the Beast. But I also like the Arendelle castle in Frozen


Favorite Disney Parents: 

Tiana’s parents in The Princess and the Frog and Pongo and Perdy from 101 Dalmations 

Saddest moment:

When Scar tells Simba that it's his fault Mufasa died. I just can't.

Favorite Outfit: 

Anna's coronation gown from the first Frozen. LOVE!


Favorite Best Friends: 

Timon and Pumbaa

Favorite Happy Ending: 

When Ray appears as a star with Evangeline in The Princess and the Frog.



1 comment:

JJ said...

Love this! Love your answers. Going to steal it.