Monday, March 23, 2020

Spring Break 2020

Today is the last day of Spring Break for my kids. Spring Break wasn't what we originally planned, but we did our best with the circumstances.

How we were going to spend Spring Break: 

vacationing to Canyonlands, Goblin Valley, and Capital Reef. 

How we actually spent Spring Break:


Playing hide-n-seek

Where is Scotty?

Roasting hot dogs



Robin Hooding


Doing art projects


Splashing in puddles



 Doodling with Mo Willems


We are still having aftershocks from the earthquake. They could go on for quite some time. Sometimes they make my heart race. Other times they just feel normal. Every time we feel one, we get on our phones and wait for the Richter scale rating. It feels a little like we are waiting for a test score. Yesterday we had a 4.1 turned 4.0 turned 3.9 (I guess "they" had a hard time deciding?) It's kind of disappointing when "they" downgrade it. It feels like losing points.

On Saturday we drove down Magna Main Street to see how things were looking after the earthquake. Several historic brick buildings were damaged.

Colossimo's where I buy bratwursts

Even though it was devastating to cancel our Spring Break plans, we've still had a nice time together as a family. 

If you would have told me back in January what life was going to be like in March, I would have had a full-on panic attack. Yet, here we are, and somehow we're getting through it. And I'm okay! (January Britt never would have thought she could deal with this). 

The other day, I almost got teary-eyed while I was looking through my Instagram photos for the year. The pictures of people standing close together made my heart ache. But I know that all is not lost. There is still a lot of good happening. It just looks different right now. 



No comments: