Sunday, March 15, 2020

Pizza, Pie, and Pandemic

If you can't tell by the frequency of my posts, blogging has been one of my go-to coping mechanisms for the COVID-19 situation. I'm also prone to eating and reading, and I have an increased desire to clean. I think Scotty does, too, because yesterday he mopped the bathroom ceiling while he was in the shower.


We had Game Night planned for yesterday, and we decided to go ahead with it. Carlie and I were both itching to play Pandemic in light of the coronavirus. Usually, even during flu season, Pandemic is fun. But when you're threatened by an actual pandemic, turns out, the game is pretty terrifying. In our first round, Beijing and Bangkok caused outbreaks through Asia, and we lost before most of us even got a second turn. 

How the game started

Our second game yielded another loss, but we held on much longer.

We really thought we had it this time

It felt eerily realistic, so after our second defeat, we put Pandemic away and played Wingspan and Dead Man's Draw.

In an effort to feel normal, we celebrated Pi Day with pizza and pie.

Note the obligatory vegetables in the background
(no one ate them)


I don't appreciate Eva's attitude
toward being photographed

I even went all out and decorated.

Call the Pinterest!

Speaking of decorating, another of my coping mechanisms over the weekend was to put out some Easter decorations. I've never really decorated for Easter, but Hobby Lobby got the best of me. 

Gator not from Hobby Lobby

Immediately after Chad and Carlie left last night, we got a text from the school district informing us that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our local high school. This affects our neighborhood directly. Yikes! Here we go!

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

There was major stress cleaning here on Saturday... Now we have moved onto stress eating and stress reading.