Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Highlights

January
  • I turned 32
  • We started building bedrooms where our family room used to be 
  • I discovered that I have gray hair

February
  • We did "no spend month"
  • I started all of my Saturdays with a 5:00 a.m. run (8+ miles) and stake choir practice at 8:00 (clearly I was nuts in February)

March
  • I started using a selfie stick
  • We bought a new van
  • I had oral surgery
  • We took the kids to Goblin Valley and Moab

April
  • I ran a half marathon
  • Scotty went to Disneyland (aka: "Brocation")
  • The kids and I went to Saint George with my sister-in-law
  • Scotty and I were called as Cub Masters
  • We celebrate Eva's first birthday
  • We inherited 6 chickens and 2 rabbits

May
  • Scotty started a new job
  • We kind of finished the bedrooms we started in January (they still aren't 100% done, but the kids live in them)
  • I met my friend, Shannon, and the heavens rejoiced

June
  • We started re-watching Lost
  • I started taking happy pills
  • Scotty and I took the Cub Scouts to day camp
  • I was on the committee for our Church's summer party


July
  • Scotty turned 35
  • We went on Trek
  • My sister-in-law potty trained Zoe (Haaaaallelujah!)
  • We celebrated Pioneer Day in Star Valley with friends (interestingly, Wyoming throws a pretty awesome Utah holiday!)

August
  • I took a 6-week break from school for the first time since I started
  • We bought kayaks and spent all month going to lakes
  • Nicky started 4th grade and Daisy started first grade

September
  • Zoe started at a new school
  • Daisy started taking piano lessons
  • Zoe started dance class
  • I went to Time Out for Women in Logan with my in-laws 
  • Daisy turned 7
  • I went to the Hope Works event put on by the Mormon Channel 

October

November
  • Zoe turned 4
  • I went to Time Out for Women in Salt Lake with Shannon
  • We celebrated Thankgiving at Scotty's mom's and my mom's
  • Scotty and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert

December
  • Daisy and Zoe had "in studio" dance performances for Christmas
  • Nicky turned 10
  • Scotty worked a lot (imagine: 32 work phone calls between 3:00-7:00 a.m.)

No comments: