Thursday, December 15, 2016

This Post is Brought to You By...PIE BREAK

It's 9:00 am. on a Thursday, and my two babies (I call the littlest ones the babies even though they aren't actually babies - they will resent me for this at some point, but that's their rite of passage - to be able to resent me for all the various reasons) and I are having a pie break.

Marie Callendar's Chocolate Satin, if you're wondering.

I am gearing up to take my last final for the semester this afternoon (Family & Community Relations), so pie seems like appropriate mind fuel.

Like I said yesterday, I feel like writing, so I have given myself 15 minutes on the timer to write whatever flows out of me.

I have really been enjoying this Christmas season. It's been relatively funk-free thus far. I've felt a lot of joy through the month of December. My only complaint is that Scotty's work schedule has been a bit of a beast. He gets phone calls all night and comes home from work later than expected. I miss him, but this isn't the worst that can happen at Christmas time, so I am handling it okay.

Scotty's job hours are affected by alcohol consumption.

I better expound on that a bit - Scotty works with the state's liquor. As you can imagine, there are a lot of alcohol sales this time of year, and thus... Scotty works more.

This week I finished my statistics class and took my final. I haven't checked my grade yet, but I think I walked out of there with a B+. I'm pleased. That is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) class in my major, so being done with it feels really good. In fact, the night I finished my final, I was so excited that I became quite hyper, but it was late at night, and everyone in my house was asleep, so I was all by myself in the dark with boundless energy and nothing to do with it. I just sat there grinning from ear to ear with my eyes nearly popping out of my head.

Well, my pie is gone, and my timer has sounded, so off I go to tackle the next item of business. Of course, Eva pooped during pie break (I told you this always happens!)

UPDATED TO ADD:

I just finished my last final and turned in a final paper. I am a free woman for two whole weeks! Let the bucket list begin!




2 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

Yay for pie, and YAY FOR FINISHING ALL YOUR FINALS!!!

xox

BerlyCrow said...

It is clearly partially my fault that Scotty comes home late from work sometimes. Not last week though, last week some poor sap in California got the brunt of my alcohol consumption. #SorryNotSorry