Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Break Bucket List Update

Organize the storage room  DONE!

December 3026

Read a book [In progress]


Try  new recipe or two [Rejected]

Paint something [Rejected]

See the lights at Temple Square DONE!

December 3026

Help Daisy with chaine turns

Host a Planner Prep Night DONE!

Check out Poldark DONE!


And now, one at a time, I will take your questions. 

Question: Britt, what do you think of The Lake House

Britt: I am enjoying it. I love Kate Morton. She is one of my favorite authors. I'm actually listening to this one on Audible on my phone. 

Question: What on earth is a Planner Prep Night?

Britt: That is a good question. My friend Shannon and I bought our new planners for 2017, and we geeked out a bit and decided that we should have a "social event" (as opposed to a "social experiment" which is what Scotty calls it) wherein we could get together with other calendar geeks and start filling out our calendars. 

I wasn't sure who my fellow planner geeks were, so I did a facebook shout out saying, "Hey, where my geeks at?" and then I invited all of them to our Planner Prep Night. The response was great! We had women of all ages come, and we had really good feedback. Several women said that they really needed a night like that, and some of the women from my ward (church congregation) who came expressed that they have felt distanced from the other women in the ward, and they were really glad to come. 

Shannon and I feel like it was way more than a Planner Prep Night. It was a healing event for many of us. 

Plus there was food. 

So win-win-win.

Question: How's Poldark?

Britt: It's a good show. I'm on episode 6.

Question: Why are you rejecting some of your bucket list items? What are you, a quitter?

Britt: Yes! Yes, I am!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I can't believe you rejected painting something! Are you ill or just not in need of a stress reliever?

Feisty Harriet said...

I totally thought your "Planner Prep" thing was, like, prepping for the End of Days with "how to make an oven from the scraps of your playhouse" and such things. Ha! It sounds so much like something I'd love (as i fill out my own new 2017 planner with ALL THE THINGS)

xox