Saturday, December 3, 2016

Adam vs Carrie

Back in October, we went to the Maroon 5 concert. The tickets were my Christmas/Birthday present.

For our anniversary, I bought Scotty tickets to Carrie Underwood. We went to that concert earlier this week. 

Scotty and I joked all year that we were going to see both our crushes in concert in 2017 - Adam Levine for me and Carrie Underwood for him. 

Now that we've been to both, I have to say... Carrie wins!

I loved the Maroon 5 concert. It was amazing to hear them live and have their music pumping through my blood. I love their songs, and Adam's voice... oh my.

Maroon 5 Concert
{Maroon 5}

(Side note: Have you heard this cover of "Dream On" by the judges of The Voice? You need to listen just to hear those final notes by Adam Levine. Like I said... oh my!)

(Another side note: I really want Maroon 5 to do a cover of "Take On Me." Can you imagine Adam singing "In a day or twooooooo?" Is there anyone reading right now who can make it happen?)

Anyway, the Maroon 5 concert...

As much as I enjoyed it, it felt a little like a chore for the band. It was like - Salt Lake City? Check mark! Move on... And I was a little surprised at how long it took Adam to get into it. I don't know if I can describe it well, but I guess you could say he lacked energy. It took about three songs before it seemed like he found his groove. 

But Carrie...

From the second she came on stage, she was so powerful. She sang to the entire audience. It was amazing how she was able to reach everyone in the arena. Her energy was there immediately, and it held up through the whole performance. 

I'm not really into Carrie's music, but I really like her as a person, and I completely respect her talent. And that made her concert so enjoyable because, even if her songs don't make me want to jump up and down and go crazy, I can not deny the amazing performer she is (this is actually the second time we have seen her in concert). 

Carrie Underwood concert 
{Carrie Underwood}

Carrie had a really impressive set-up. She had a a 360 stage, and there were platforms that would rise up and down. The lighting was super cool, and the special effects were awesome. Carrie gave a heartfelt concert, and she was very sincere and present. It probably helped that it was the last stop on her tour, but I felt the same way about the last time we saw her when we weren't her last stop, so it's just the way she is!

Scotty and I haven't had a lot of opportunities to go to concerts since we've had children, so these last two months have been very exciting. We've been bitten by the concert bug now. 

No comments: