Thursday, February 29, 2024

Currently (Special Leap Day Edition)

 Reading:

Finished so far in 2024

Currently reading

Currently reading 

Drinking: water, orange juice, and occasionally a Minute Maid Lemonade Zero. 

Sick of: influencers and the Tik Tok.

Cooking: pasta with Italian sausage. I don’t particularly care for Italian sausage except for in two dishes - my step-mom’s breakfast casserole and a tortellini soup. But I have a bunch of it in the freezer that I need to use up, so I’m putting it in pasta even though I don’t like it. My family doesn’t like it either, so making this dish makes no sense. There will be compensatory garlic bread, so it will be fine.

Suffering from: an annoying cough. It’s the kind that you never get relief from. You get the urge to cough, so you cough, but it doesn’t clear up whatever the discomfort is.

Wearing: all the things the current generation makes fun of on the Tik Tok.

Feeling: a bit headachey. My sinuses are doing something. 

Annoyed by: a bottle of pee sitting on the roadside that I pass every time I go to work. It’s been there for five weeks.

Singing: “Welcome to the Moulin Rouge.” It’s 7 minutes and 40 seconds of party.

Saying: “Oh boy, oh boy!” Last week I listened to The Labors of Hercules Beale by Gary D. Schmidt, and Hercules always says “Oh boy, oh boy!” He rubbed off on me.

Listening to:


Buying: hand soap, Cholula, and copy paper.

Smelling: pizza. Papa John’s was 50% off the other day so we had pizza for dinner, and it stunk up my van. 

Playing:


Scotty insisted that we play this over and over until he won.

Craving: Italian ice with custard. Rita’s or Zeppe’s would be fine. Or a rainbow from Pace’s. 

Thinking about: how I used to have a crush on Josh Hartnett, and then he disappeared for years and years and came back in Oppenheimer old. 


Watching: nothing really. 

Needing: to find a new hair person. 

Dreading: Easter.

Missing: Arby’s breakfast. I used to love their croissants and their biscuits and gravy.

Procrastinating: shampooing the couch. 

Looking forward to: Lagoon opening. I’m shocked that I’ve become a Lagoon enthusiast. 

Grateful for: ibuprofen.




No comments: