Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Well-Meaning

A book I’ve been meaning to read

The Count of Monte Cristo. I bought a copy and started it in 2008… as in I read five pages. Then I ended up giving it to my cousin. I found another copy at the DI, and it remains sitting on my shelf next to Jane Eyre which I also continue to not read. 

They taunt me

I don’t enjoy reading classic literature. It feels like homework. I like having read classic literature, but the actual reading is tedious and painful. It’s a lot like running, actually. The running part is awful, but when it’s over, I feel accomplished and important (or at least I used to… back when I pretended to be a runner). 

A movie I’ve been meaning to watch

Dunkirk

I don’t really have anything to say about it other than it’s been on my list for a while, but whenever I’m looking for something to watch, I forget.

Something I’ve been meaning to buy

A new laptop. The state of my current laptop is laughable. I bought it (used) in 2015 for school and had problems with it from day one. A part would frequently disconnect. I used to have to take it in for repair about once every two weeks, but then my cousin was able to show me how to fix it myself. Now it’s being held together by a jimmy rigged screw, and I can only open it just so or the screen gets lines through it.

But hey! It’s not dead yet!

A recipe I’ve been meaning to try

Since winter is almost over, I just reviewed my soup board on Pinterest. I’m hoping to try Creamy Corn Chowder and White Chicken Lasagna soup before it gets too warm outside. 

A task I’ve been meaning to complete

Shampooing my living room couch. I can’t tell you how much I do not want to this. I also need to clean my blinds, but that will have to wait until summer when I can take them outside and pressure wash them. 

Our light colored couch is actually holding up quite well considering what we are capable of 

Somewhere I’ve been meaning to go

The gym. I haven’t been since I started working. 

Something I’ve been meaning to change

My blog banner. It’s still Christmas. Oops.

Needs updating - but not as much as my neighbor’s Halloween decorations 

Someone I’ve been meaning to talk to

There’s this lady I had beef with when I was in high school (she’s older than me), and I see her everywhere. We are a part of the same community, and neither of us is going away anytime soon. One of these days, I need to go up to her and be like, “I know we had beef, but I’m a grown up now, so let’s not have beef anymore, okay?”

A food item I’ve been meaning to use up

Tilapia in the freezer. I keep putting Honey Lime Tilapia on the weekly menu and then bumping it. Tonight is finally the night! I even have it thawing!

(My kids will not eat it, if you’re wondering. I’m also making baked potatoes, and they’ll just eat those). 

Something I’ve been meaning to stop doing

Talking bad about other people. I’m the worst!!!

Something I’ve been meaning to get rid of

The small piles of DI donations that I can’t seem to compile into one place and remove from my house.

Something I’ve been meaning to start

A puzzle. I haven’t done a puzzle in so long! And they’re piling up. 

Things I was meaning to do before I got distracted with this blog  post

- Replace the garbage bags in all the cans I emptied this morning

- Change the laundry

- Call the eye doctor

My BeReal today



No comments: