Sunday, February 11, 2024

It’s Super Bowl Sunday (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: This is approximately my 15th post in a row that is in list form. Someday I’ll break from that, but I don’t know when. 

Fact #2: Last night we had a blue crayon go through the laundry. An entire load of Zoe’s clothes are now blue (I’ve done some research and plan to try and save the clothes). The inside of the dryer is also blue. We’ve had crayon in the laundry before, but this is our most extreme case so far.

This is what remains after we’ve used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (which is what the Crayola web site recommends for getting crayon out of your dryer, and I have to laugh that it’s a big enough issue that Crayola has specifically addressed it)

Fact #3: We are getting together with family for the Super Bowl. It’s not about the game. It’s the food and the company. I’m bringing potato salad and muddy buddies, and I intend to play several rounds of Wingspan on my phone and make Valentine’s Day bracelets.

Fact #4: I mentioned the other day that I started working part-time. I left you curious. I’m working 2-3 days a week for a local, female-owned company that does custom canvas prints and frames. I get to listen to lots of audiobooks and play with power tools. So far, I love it! This opportunity came completely unexpectedly via a childhood friend. She reached out and asked if I was interested, and I felt really strongly that I needed to do it.

Fact #5: Yesterday Nicky, Daisy, and I helped out with an event called the Cinderella Project. They sell donated formal wear to help out local schools, and my friend, Christie, arranged for them to come to our area (this was the first event they’ve done in Salt Lake County). We got to help set up hundreds and hundreds of dresses to sale. It was so much fun to open the boxes and pull out the dresses and hang them up. Daisy picked out two dresses (they were $10 each). Nicky got a couple of suit coats. It was fun!

She’s happier than she looks


Fact #6: The other day I sent this to my friend Lynsie:


The next day, this arrived from Amazon:


Fact #7: My girls had dentist appointments on Friday, and we ended up spontaneously having two cavities filled and four teeth pulled. That was an exciting way to spend a day off school!

Fact #8: Daisy (cavities) couldn’t stop giggling, and Eva (extractions in all four quadrants) couldn’t feel her face, so her tongue kept poking out.



Fact #9: Weird things I found around the house this week:



Fact #10: Time for the football thing.

No comments: