Friday, January 26, 2024

Forty Interesting Topics

I still have a series of “forty” posts in my draft folder. This one is a list of 40 topics I’m interested in. A lot of them, I have studied in some way - some in my formal education and some of my own accord. Others, I don’t know as much about but really enjoy learning about. 

Unfortunately, I don’t have my superpower of choice: perfect recall, and that is one of my biggest frustrations in life! I want to remember everything I learn! But, as proven yesterday, I can’t even manage to remember to put in my second earring (I wore a single gold hoop in public for an entire day - like a stinkin’ pirate) (it’s fine - I’ve done worse).

How I absorb knowledge before forgetting it

Anyway, here are 40 topics I am fascinated by: 
  1. Behavior
  2. Families and family theory
  3. The psychological effects of fame
  4. Sociopathy/psychopathy
  5. How people use their money and resources
  6. Serial killers
  7. Chernobyl
  8. Historical eugenics/forced sterilization
  9. Disney theme park deaths and law suits
  10. Neuroscience and brain development 
  11. Gardening
  12. Communication and interpersonal relationships
  13. Therapy practices
  14. Grammar
  15. True crime
  16. Leadership
  17. Parenting
  18. Teaching
  19. Abuse
  20. The pyramids
  21. Orthodox Judaism 
  22. Polygamy
  23. Cults 
  24. Habits
  25. Life after death
  26. Creation
  27. The Thai cave rescue of 2018
  28. The Titanic
  29. Feral children
  30. Lobotomies 
  31. What to do if you cut off a finger
  32. Utopian ideals 
  33. Mental illness and personality disorders
  34. Suicide and assisted suicide
  35. Religion
  36. The Romanovs
  37. School shootings 
  38. Organ donation
  39. Münchausen syndrome and Münchausen by proxy
  40. Loneliness 

No comments: