Wednesday, January 24, 2024

It’s the 45th Day of January (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Pinterest is always trying to get me to do wall Pilates. I don't even have a wall with which to do wall Pilates! So thanks, but no thanks. 

Fact #2: Over the weekend we went and saw Six. It was such a fun show! 


Fact #3: My watch kept giving me the loud environment warning during the show. It was exciting to get in trouble with my watch for something other than blow drying my hair. 

Fact #4: I discovered via selfie afterward that I have developed jowls. 


Fact #5: Forty is hitting me hard. I kind of thought that if I embraced forty and moved into it with excitement that I would somehow turn back the clock and age backwards. 

Not so, friends. Not so.

Fact #6: I am a frozen fruit hoarder under the guise that I intend to make a smoothie. When it comes down to it, I don’t actually want to make a smoothie for several reasons:

1). I don’t want to get out the blender
2). I don’t want to hear the blender
3). I don’t want to wash the blender
4). I don’t want to put the blender away
5). I want actual food

So the rate at which I consume smoothies does not match the rate at which I stow fruit away in the freezer (it’s usually fruit we aren’t able to eat before it goes bad - lots of bananas, berries from the garden, fruit picked from neighbors’ trees, or stuff we buy on sale and end up with too much of) (I also throw spinach in the freezer for smoothies whenever we have some we can’t use fast enough). Thus, I have an abundance of frozen fruit in my freezers that I really need to use up, so this week’s menu will include many, many smoothies. 

Fact #7: I’m drinking a smoothie right now, which is what has inspired this commentary. 

Fact #8: I planted some pots of cilantro, chives, and green onions in my kitchen, and the plants just started popping out of the dirt on Saturday! I’m excited because they’re holding me over until gardening season. I always forget that I can plant stuff inside my house. When we had a cat, I could never have plants in the house because he would eat them. I keep forgetting that’s not a problem anymore (eight years later).

Fact #9: I find the weirdest things around my house.


Fact #10: This post took me three days to write because my life is that uninteresting right now. 


No comments: