Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Saving the Monies

Right now I'm trying really hard to be budget-conscious. I don't have to tell you that food and gas prices are putting a damper on things. We're all feeling it! I routinely debate whether I should pursue some form of employment in the fall when my kids go back to school, but ultimately, I want to continue to stay home if I can. To do so, I have to be wise and careful with what we have. 

Yesterday that meant having hot dog bun French toast for breakfast. 

One problem I'm having, though, is Prime Day. 

Every year, I know that the best way to save money on Prime Day is to not buy anything. You don't save money by shopping on Prime Day (or Black Friday, or whatever "money saving day" it be). You save money by not shopping at all! Yet every year, I sneak a little peek - just out of curiosity - and I end up buying crap. So this year, I said to myself, "Britt, don't even look! Just stay away completely!" and I set a goal to buy NOTHING on Prime Day. 

This is how Prime Day is going...

Me: I know Prime Day is sometime soon, but I'm going to do myself a favor and not look at the dates. If I don't know when Prime Day is, it won't be a temptation to me.

Internet: It's PRIME DAY! It's PRIME DAY!

Me: I guess it is now Prime Day. This day shall pass, and I shall be strong and unaffected.

Internet: PRIME DAY is two days!

Me: I can make it through two days without looking.

Internet friends: Here are ten links to lists of the best things to buy on PRIME DAY!

Me: I will not look! I will not look!

Also me: Just one little peek won't hurt.

Me: Don't do it! 

Also me: But I'm curious...

Me: What you don't know won't hurt you!

Also me: FOMO! FOMO! FOMO!

Me: Save all the monies! It's not worth it.

Also me: You can just look... you don't have to buy anything! You're so curious!

Me: No! No! No!

Amazon: You made it through day one, but you'll never make it through day two! Admit it! I have you in the palm of my hand!

Me: Stand back, Amazon demon! You will never own me!

Amazon: Prove it!

Me: Just... a few... more... hours... I... can... do... this…

Daisy: Mom! All the Sharpies are dried out!

Me: There might be a deal on Sharpies for PRIME DAY!

Also me: No! Don’t check!

Amazon notifications: PRIME DAY! PRIME DAY! PRIME DAY!

Phone robots: Beep bop! We detect someone is trying to resist PRIME DAY! 

Facebook: PRIME DAY!

Email: PRIME DAY!

Instagram: PRIME DAY!

Pinterest: PRIME DAY!

Me: Must… stay… strong…



1 comment:

Amy said...

Did you manage to avoid it!?