Saturday, July 2, 2022

Currently {July 2022 Edition}

Reading:

Wearing: the clothes I went walking in this morning, which I intend to change out of and shower at some point today.

Update: Hammer pants I got from the thrift store and Scotty's XXL Brocation shirt from 2019 (I've been writing this post since June 29).

Annoyed by: fluid in my ears (see #40-42) and my Apple watch telling me I need to stand up right after I sit down. 

Struggling with: my Church calling. 

Excited for: In the Heights this weekend.

Update: went today. Great show put on by a community theater in our area. 

Listening to: 

Update: FINISHED! I liked it, but it only has a 3.6 star rating on Goodreads. 

Thinking about: what I'm going to wear to church tomorrow and whether it requires me to do a load of laundry. 

Deciding: what I will do when I’m done with this blog post. I’ve been awake since 4:00 this morning, so I might need to take a 20-minute snoozer so I can function. Other options include: work on laundry, shower, make my bed, plan my lesson for Sunday (I’m subbing in primary), or spend time with my daughters (Nicky is out golfing). 

Update: I did not get that nap.

Celebrating: Scotty's birthday - July 2. Speaking of naps, guess who's having one right now? The birthday boy, of course! 

Avoiding: public outings with my kids. I’m not in the mood to go out and do stuff with them right now. I feel bad because I’ve been keeping them cooped up a lot, and they’re bored. 

Building:


I just finished this puzzle from the thrift store last night. It was missing two pieces.

This morning I started sorting a puzzle my friend Trixie (who chose her own pseudonym for my blog - “I’ll be Trixie,” she said) gave me.

Update: I'm almost done with Trixie's puzzle now. 

Trying: to convince Zoe that she doesn't need to decorate her bike for the 4th of July, nor does she need to host a family restaurant for breakfast tomorrow, being that it is Fast Sunday, and I don't want to deal with her messes. 

Watching:


Rooting for Keaton. I love that he doesn't fit the typical dancer profile - he's a linebacker farmer boy. 

Playing: Clue. Because it's July. See #35.

Buying: a thermometer for our fridge. 

Singing: "Somebody that you used to know" by Gotye

Update: "Paciencia y Fe" from In the Heights

Feeling: a-okay… now. Yesterday Thursday I was in complete breakdown mode. I thought the world was falling apart all around me. I felt hopeless, doomed, and worthless. I was starting to worry that I would need to increase my antidepressants. Then I realized… it’s PMS! Oh, thank Heaven!

No matter how long I’ve been a woman (38+  years at this point), I am still always taken by complete surprise when I have PMS. When I’m experiencing emotional turmoil and distress, I never stop to consider the time of the month. 

Wanting: to find the mountain lion that's been roaming our area for the past couple of days. 

Amber and I are pretty much the human version of Wonder Pets, so you don't need to worry about us.

Cooking: nothing. I told my kids, "I'm not cooking, so find something to eat." They're eating Marie Callender's chicken pot pies. 

Needing: a new laptop. My current one is on its last leg. It was already in rough shape, and then Eva dropped it. Now it's falling apart (even more), and the keyboard is bowed. I have to use pliers to plug in the charging cord. 

Eating: Red Robin for lunch today. Which is partially why I'm not cooking dinner. 

Missing: my flip-flops. I lost them over a week ago, and they haven't turned up yet. 

Looking forward to: bed time for my kids. For Pete's sake! SHUT THESE PEOPLE DOWN!

Dreading: going to the dermatologist this week. 

Sick of: sweat.

Craving: lots and lots of water. 

Grateful for: our good, old swamp cooler. 


1 comment:

Sus said...

Love the puzzle. I buy most of my puzzles from thrift stores and never mind one bit if they're missing a piece or two. Even puzzles that aren't perfect are fun. Kinda like people, I think. You are very fun and I enjoy reading your blog. I also love that you don't pretend to be perfect. I hope you'll keep up the good work.