Saturday, June 4, 2022

First Day of Summer

I think I could write a post every year about the first day of summer break, and it would come out relatively the same. I would first list everything we've done all day, and then I would end by saying something like... and it's only 10:00 a.m.

The first day of summer break is the longest day of the year - even though I try my hardest to make it not so.

Now let me tell you everything we've done today (which, by the time I post this, will actually be yesterday - Friday, June 3 - because I already posted today, so I'm saving this one for tomorrow which is now today).

-We had a 2.5 earthquake at 5:02 a.m. Luckily my kids didn't hear or feel it.

-I went for a 3.25 mile walk

-I went grocery shopping

-We did a half hour of chores as a family

-The kids had a half hour of YouTube time

-I went through all of our board games - reorganized them and got rid of some.

-I cleaned out and reorganized our storage room

-I did two loads of laundry, and Nicky did a load of laundry

-We ran errands:

-Took the grocery bags to the recycling bin

-Dropped off our library books

-Went to Krispy Kreme to get free donuts for National Donut Day

-Dropped off some puzzles to a friend 

-Went on a shopping spree at Dollar Tree

-Went to Harbor Freight  

-I watered the garden

-Daisy had a friend over

-I fed the kids lunch... like, three times

-Zoe and Eva played outside in the sprinkler

-Zoe and I made about 50 mini freezer waffles... which Zoe ate faster than we could get them out of the waffle makers (we ran two at a time)

-I worked on my 4th of July puzzle

-The kids built some wooden animal puzzles

These are $1.49 at Harbor Freight - FYI

-I listened to half an audiobook

-The kids had at least three hours of TV and Nintendo time

-I compiled a trunk load of items to donate to DI

-I strung our Summer of Heroes banners

-I wrote this blog post

Fortunately, it's not 10:00 a.m. It's 2:16 p.m.

But still... longest day of the year! 


No comments: