Thursday, March 4, 2021

Currently (March 2021 Edition)

Reading:

I've read quite a few books by Amy Harmon lately (I signed up for two free months of Kindle unlimited, and she has a lot of books available there), but a few weeks ago, I read an interview with her in which she said her favorite book is Twilight. I don't fault anyone for enjoying the Twilight series (I'm guilty from way back when), but I'm not sure it should be an author's "favorite" book. Now every book of hers I download reads like it’s been influenced by Twilight

Watching: the 20/20 special on Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell (it's on Hulu if you're wanting to watch it, but it’s expiring Friday). Also Murder Among the Mormons on Netflix. 

Okay, and mayyyybe I also watched a documentary on Charles Manson this week. 

I go through true crime phases. 

Buying: new rugs to go by our front and back doors, a new welcome mat, and a couple of shirts for spring. 

Craving: toast and a runny egg. I adore runny eggs! That reminds me, I need to stop at the egg farm for eggs today. 

Trying: to eat what we have at home rather than buy groceries this month. We have lots of food. But I'm still going to buy eggs. "But don't you have chickens?" Yes. But they aren't laying many eggs right now. They should be starting up here soon now that the days are getting longer. 

Singing: "Non-Stop" from Hamilton. 

Listening to:


Needing: to vacuum my van. 

Trying: homemade yogurt in the Instant Pot. Several people have said how much they love it, and how they will never buy yogurt again after trying it. It was fun to make, but I thought it tasted awful, and I probably won't do it again. 

I strained mine, if you care to know. I tried it plain and didn't like it (and I can normally handle plain yogurt just fine, though I don't love it), so then I flavored it with vanilla and honey, and I still didn't like it. No one in my family will touch it. 

Annoyed by: constant headaches. They're not terrible headaches, but I have them all the time. I'm falling apart! 

Playing: this dumb game that nearly ended in divorce over the weekend.

Feeling: exhausted! Eva has been running me into the ground lately, and by the time I send her off to kindergarten in the afternoon, I don't have energy left for anything else. 

Struggling with: “Mommy!” “Mom!” “Mama!” “Mommy!” Being constantly touched and constantly needed. The incessant noise. The fighting. Oh the fighting! If Eva and Zoe are awake, they are fighting.

In short... motherhood. I’m struggling with motherhood.

Procrastinating: exercising for the day. I had good intentions. 

Wearing: a University of Utah t-shirt some joggers. 

Eating: a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A which I plan to get after I take my girls to school. The Chick-Fil-A at Jordan Landing has been doing free breakfast on Thursdays (with purchase). Hopefully our location will start up again sometime. 

Looking forward to: VACATION!!!

Worried about: nothing. But also everything. 

Enjoying: any day my kids actually go to school. I’ve had kids home so much lately. Zoe was sick two days last week. Then she went to school for a day. Then the next day she started crying as soon as I pulled up to the school and said she felt like she was going to throw up, so I brought her back home. I had a breakdown at that point. A year’s worth of changed plans finally got the best of me, and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sob. 

Grateful for: silence. It's a rare and beautiful thing for me. 

No comments: