Saturday, April 9, 2016

Currently {April 2016 Edition}

Reading: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. This is one of my favorite books and fits with my New Years resolution of re-reading five books (I have re-read one other book so far, Jurassic Park, which, actually, is the only non-school book I've read this year. I used to read 2-3 books a week! Wow! Things have changed!)

Painting: a bedroom, a closet, a nightstand, a hallway, a door, two beds (with a third in queue), and a chicken coop. I started all of these this week and will hopefully finish all of them before I start school in a week.

Learning: that perhaps I should start and finish one project at a time rather than start twenty projects and finish none of them. 

Watching: Hayley Mills movies. Scotty and I disagree about which movie has the worse ending - Summer Magic or Pollyanna. I think Summer Magic's ending is terrible and inconclusive. Scotty and Nicky think Pollyanna is worse. I don't think the movie did as good a job as the book at ending Pollyanna's story, but it's better than Summer Magic, for Heaven's sake!

Wearing: a thing that is like a robe but not quite robe. It has pockets and a hood, and it zips up. I bought it to take to the hospital when I had Nicky. Sometimes I call it my housecoat, which inspired me to Google "housecoat" just for this blog post, and I ended up reading this article. While I found it interesting, it didn't help me decide what to call the piece of clothing I am wearing, so I'm just gonna go with "the thing." What I am wearing? The thing. And while I'm on the topic, everyone should really get a thing. I love it! I've had it for  over nine years, and I wear it almost every morning.

Looking forward to: game night.

Eating: Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese (as per Nicky's request), Caesar salad, and grapes, followed by crepes for dessert (that's our game night menu for this week).

Craving: banana pancakes with coconut syrup. It's approaching 7:00 a.m. Why am I not making this right now?

(Because I don't have all of the ingredients, and I'm headed to a workout group).

Laughing about: several week ago, while purchasing some anti-chaffing product online, I stumbled across this product, so I took a screenshot and sent it to Scotty. Nicky just found the picture on Scotty's phone, and he has a million questions.

Dreading: a possible tonsillectomy for Zoe. We had a really awful experience with Daisy's (she refused to take her medication, and if we forced it, she would scream until she threw up (screaming + freshly removed tonsils = disaster!) so I had to have Lortab suppositories custom made every five days for two weeks).

Procrastinating: getting dressed, but it's time, so farewell for now. I need to go change out of the thing.






3 comments:

EriKa said...

I bought that product for my husband...he wasn't impressed with it! Lol

Britt said...

Good to know. Good to know.

Feisty Harriet said...

Bahahahhaah!!!

I have a "housecoat" but it's really one of Blue Eyes' favorite hoodies that I have permanently commandeered....oops?

xox