Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Feels

Right now, I'm feeling all sorts of things. Good things, bad things. Emotions that contradict each other. I think the words "all over the place" describe me well.

Yes, I'm all over the place.

I'm feeling conflicted. Zoe has been in special ed preschool for speech therapy since November, and she hates it. As a result, I hate it. Yesterday, for the first time, I started seriously considering other options.

I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm taking a class right now that has the reputation for being very difficult. I hoped the rumors were exaggerated, but they're not. I've done 6-8 hours of homework every day this week for ONE class. I've already done 2 hours this morning, and it's only 8:30.

I'm feeling forgotten. It's lonely and uncomfortable here on the back burner.

I'm feeling excited. It's amazing how much of an impact it can have on life when you have something to look forward to. My friend offered to watch my kids on Friday so I can go do something with Scotty. I need this!

I'm feeling blessed. Some things have fallen into place over the past few weeks that allow me to see how involved God is in our lives. Sometimes that can be scary, but I can't help but notice how truly blessed we are.

I'm feeling irresponsible. I made some stupid mistakes and totally messed up our budget for this month. I'm struggling with keeping on top of things financially as I become more and more scatter-brained.

I'm feeling motivated. I listened to a podcast yesterday about morning routines. I am a big believer in morning productivity, so I spent the entire podcast nodding and refraining from yelling YES! (the kids were asleep). Then I remembered that I have very little control over my mornings since I am ruled by a team of tiny dictators.

What are you feeling today?

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Manic... When I went to break out the chainsaw with the baby in the frontpack, I knew it was time to quit "doing a few things" in the front yard.