Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Vacation Debriefing

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #19:

He Said/She said

At this point, you might be thinking, "Okay, Britt, enough about your vacation already!" 

I get it! I do!

But for my own memories and record keeping, I still have stuff to say! Call me selfish, but I love going back and reading my vacation posts throughout the years. So for that reason, I have a couple more vacation posts up my sleeve. Feel free to skim or skip.

After our trip to Florida, we had a debriefing session as a family to share some of our favorite (and non-favorite parts of our vacation. Here's what everyone said:

Eva

Favorite ride: tea cups

Worst ride: Tower of Terror

Favorite food: chicken bites and fries from Checkers

Favorite character(s) we saw: Chip and Dale

Something she'll always remember: "going with my family"


Zoe

Favorite ride: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

Worst ride(s): Tower of Terror and Aerosmith rollercoaster

Favorite food(s): Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums and soft pretzels

Favorite character we saw: Homer Simpson

Something she'll always remember: "spending time with my family"


Daisy

Favorite ride(s): VelociCoaster, Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk

Worst ride: Fast & the Furious

Favorite food: chicken tenders at Island of Adventure

Favorite character we saw: Homer Simpson

Something she'll always remember: "seeing Hogwarts and Springfield"


Nicky:

Favorite ride(s): Expedition Everest - "I loved Animal Kingdom!"

Worst ride: Fast & the Furious, Spaceship Earth

Favorite food: Cici's cheese sticks

Favorite character(s) we saw: Homer Simpson, Transformers

Something he'll always remember: experiencing a lot of new things for the first time and growing the most epic mustache (he worked really hard)


Britt

Favorite ride(s): Guardians, Flight of Passage, Hagrid's, and VelociCoaster

Worst ride: Fast & the Furious

Favorite food: frozen butter beer and the trio platter from Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom (chicken tenders, popcorn shrimp, battered fish, and hushpuppies)

Favorite character: Goofy when he met us at the entrance of Tower of Terror

Something I'll always remember: watching my kids enjoy the experience and crying during rides because they were so amazing. Also, how close we cut it to a hurricane (two days)!


Scotty

Favorite ride(s): Tower of Terror, Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, VelociCoaster, The Forbidden Journey (Hogwarts)

Worst ride: Fast & the Furious

Favorite food: pretty much everything

Favorite character: the velociraptor and the Halloween Horror Nights characters

Something he'll always remember: "all the rides with the kids and their smiles, sitting by the pool at night while the kids swam and watched TV, eating at Cici's three times (side note, I am ten pounds heavier than when we left), watching Nicky jump when he got scared at Halloween Horror Nights, and last of all, I think it was absolutely the perfect vacation."

No comments: