Saturday, September 17, 2022

Brought to you by heartburn in the middle of the night



September Writing Challenge - Prompt #20:

Learning

I originally took today off from blogging. Whenever I do this writing challenge, I pre-write most of my posts and schedule them a ways out. Otherwise I would never keep up. Some of the stuff you’ve been reading was written over a month ago! (Just think, I could be dead and still have posts scheduled, and you would never know!) Anyway, I got down to my last three scheduled posts, and I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time to write over the next few days, so I decided to space my remaining posts over the next week by only posting every-other day.

But then… I woke up with heartburn. And here I sit in the middle of the night propped up against pillows in my bed.

Since all of my posts of late have been pre-scheduled, I haven’t taken the time to whine about Scotty coming home from South America and immediately getting COVID. But just to add to the fun, I started with bronchitis four days before he came home, and guess who’s still coughing her guts out 18 days later? Not the COVID patient! Scotty had two really bad COVID days, and then he just had some lingering cold symptoms for a few more days. He worked from home for a week, and strangely, no one else got it. That’s our third round of COVID in the family where no one else got it. Friends have said, “When we go it, we dropped like flies! It went through the whole family!” to which I reply, “We prefer to do our COVID one at a time!”

With Scotty traveling and then us being sick, our routines have been off kilter for several weeks, and due to some stuff happening this week, nothing is functioning as normal. I was so excited to get into a back to school “routine,” but it’s really just been “fly by the seat of our pants” sort of month. 

So here I sit in the middle of the night with horrendous heartburn and the most annoying long-term cough with nothing else to do but blog.

(How’s that for a long introduction to a post I wasn’t going to write because I was planning on catching up on sleep tonight?)

Anyway, in order to somewhat fulfill the prompt “learning,” here’s something I learned at girls camp back in July, courtesy of a young lady named Stacey:

If you go to the bathroom, and the toilet water splashes your butt, it’s called “Neptune’s kiss.”

And you know this is bonafide camp education material because of the bugs in the background of the photo.

Remember, my friends, to be ever learning new things!

No comments: