Wednesday, September 22, 2021

What We're Eating

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #7:

Menu

On Monday I went through our pantry, fridge, storage room, and freezers and made a list of what we needed to use up. We have a lot of food. It’s great! But sometimes I need to clear it all out and start fresh, so I make a list of everything we have and then make a list of meals we can prepare with minimal purchases from the grocery store. 

Here’s our dinner menu for the week based on that inventory:

Monday - Hamburgers, Doritos, and Crenshaw melon.

Tuesday - Trout, scalloped potatoes, and Crenshaw melon.

Wednesday - Beef stroganoff and green beans.

Thursday - Chicken Margherita skillet (trying this new recipe recommended by Cousin Cyndi).

Friday - (Game Night) Grilled island chicken, baked potatoes, and whatever fruit or veggie appears in the garden. Possibly tres leches with raspberries (if I have time to make it early Friday morning, as chilling is key!)

Saturday - We might be going out with friends, but otherwise, brinner (breakfast for dinner). 

Sunday - Pot roast sandwiches, finish off all the half-bags of chips in the pantry, and whatever fruits and veggies are available in the garden.

All I should have to buy this week are lemons and mozzarella.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

This all sounds delicious and much better than what I plan on feeding my family this week. Save me a plate!