Monday, September 20, 2021

I Would Drive 300 Miles

September Writing Challenge - Prompt #4:

Miles

Yesterday we drove the 300 miles home from our vacation in Saint George

We went with some of Scotty's siblings and stayed at the resort that we went to back in June. Here are a few quick highlights:

Hot tub time. 

The house we stayed in had a private hot tub, and I think the kids were in and out of their swimming suits and playing in the hot tub no less than five times a day. A few of them even ended up in there in their clothes. They also stayed in the hot tub for about an hour during a thunderstorm.


Floaties galore.

My sister-in-law, Amber, bought everyone their own floaty. The turkey leg ended up being the most popular. 


Cookies to decorate. 

Oh, it was messy! The kids (and Amber, who is known to have some toddler-like tendencies) had food dye on their hand, and their mouths were all different colors, but they sure loved it!


Games.

We had lots of games to play - everything from Play Station to arcades to role playing card games 


Golf.

I sat this one out, but the "big boys" all played a round of golf early Saturday morning. 


Crafts.

Amber kept the kids busy with all sorts of things to paint. Ceramic unicorns, sun catchers, jewelry boxes, pumpkins... Eva said, "Why do you always make us paint?" while simultaneously reaching for another paintbrush. 


Scooters. 

Our little nephew was recently diagnosed with a disease called Legg-Calve Perthes. He hasn't been able to walk for a while, so his parents found him a seated scooter that he could use to move around on while we were on our trip. 



When Nicky and I got our scooters from the clubhouse, my nephew scooted outside so he could see my sweet ride. I asked him if he wanted to race me on our scooters. He said no. His loss! I mighta let him win. 

Baby snuggles.

We all got plenty of snuggles from our little two-month-old niece. Even Scotty participated - which is always a shock because Scotty doesn't hold other people's babies. 



S'mores.

The kids had a fun time roasting marshmallows. We haven't been able to do that this year because of the drought (fire have been banned all summer), so I'm glad we got to squeeze in some roasting time before summer officially ended. 


Snacks.

We had a lot of food. A lot. I won't even try to describe the quantities of food to you because there are no words. Let's just say Amber shouldn't be set free in a Costco. 

We had a really great time, and now there are no vacations on the calendar, which makes me feel like I need to get something scheduled ASAP. 

1 comment:

Mama B said...

That resort looks really fun. What’s it called?