Thursday, August 22, 2019

San Francisco: Part III

By the end of the day Thursday, it was hard to believe we'd only flown to San Francisco that morning!

On Friday, we woke up bright and early and headed to Jack in the Box for breakfast. Then we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and went to Muir Woods National Monument, a coastal redwood forest. It felt so nice to get out of the city. We had parking reservations for 8:00 a.m. so we were among the first people to enter for the day (kudos to Michelle for doing the research and booking our spot).


Muir Woods is beautiful, and it smells amazing. Since we were there in the early morning, the light shone through the trees from the side and created all sorts of spectacular views. 


My sloppy cell phone photography will never do it justice. 

I'm not sure what this is, but I had a little moment of excitement:


Chock it up to to big trees, brilliant light, and beloved jacket weather. 

In the forest, there is clover a-plenty, and I love it!


And, of course, trees galore!




Surprisingly there wasn't much wildlife in the forest (not even any bugs!), but we did get to see a baby coyote from afar. Other than that and a few baby fish in the river, there were no animals.

A lot of the trails had closures because they are being renovated, so we were limited in where we could go, but we were still there for a few hours.

When we left Muir Woods, we made a quick stop at Muir Beach.



Rocky beaches are beautiful, but the water was sure cold! I think that's the farthest north I've been beach-wise. 

After the beach, we stopped for Chinese food. I got a little car sick on the winding road, so I wasn't feeling great at lunch. It cleared up by the end of the meal, though, and I was able to enjoy some food 

From lunch we went back across the bridge and into the city. 

TO BE CONTINUED...


1 comment:

JJ said...

Looks like a beautiful place. I have always wanted to see the sequoias.