Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Currently {August 2019}

Reading: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

Listening to: Living the Parables by Hank Smith, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the Hamilton soundtrack.

Watching: Nothing. I finished a series last week, and I am not going to start a new one right now.

Eating: Free breakfast from Chick-Fil-A (chicken biscuit today), Sesame Chicken Chopped Salad for lunch, and Creamy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes for dinner.

Buying: toenail clippers, an eyelash curler, shampoo, dry shampoo, makeup (foundation powder), and uniform shirts for Nicky (all via Amazon yesterday).

Singing: "The Story of Tonight"

Stressing about: not much. But give me a minute.

Wearing: a dress that I cut off into a shirt (it's not great), shorts, and some sandals I own three pairs of because they were on clearance for $6 at Sam's Club, so why not?

Craving: massaman curry and fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce

Excited for: cool weather. The 50's-60's are my favorite temps!

Trying: to make lifestyle changes to get off my blood pressure medication. My original goal was to be off the meds within three months, but I got lazy. Now I'm sick of the side effects, so I'm determined to get off them. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to make a plan.

Feeling: tired. It's cliche, I know, but so true. I hit my wall in the afternoons (it's just past 2:30).

Suffering from: a chronic cough, courtesy of the aforementioned blood pressure medication. I'm so glad I finally realized what is causing it.

Annoyed by: recipes online that have the word "crack" in them. "Crack Chicken," "Crack Dip, " "Christmas Crack."

Let's just not. Ok?

Cocaine isn't cute.

Missing: my best self. I feel like I was at my best spiritually and physically in 2014. I keep trying to get back there rather than enjoying where I am now and progressing from here.

Loving: that I am alone right now. Eva started preschool today.

Frustrated by: a repetitive tapping sound that our parakeet makes all day long. I can feel myself going crazy.

Thankful for: Scotty's job. A million times over. I thank Heavenly Father every day.


1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

I had just stopped listening to Hamilton after seeing it again in June ... But you mentioned it and now it will be going back into the mix.