Friday, August 17, 2018

Last Days

Since this is the last week of summer break, I asked my kids to each tell me three things they would like to do before they go back to school. I told them we wouldn't do all of the things they wanted, but we would do some of them.

It's been a hard partying kind of week, and the fun isn't done yet, as we still have some weekend plans.

On Monday we hit the library, where Nicky bought his prank book (I did finally find his prank, and it wasn't anything messy, thank heavens. He had put a funny label on a soup can in our storage room). We went for a Slurpee run and then came home and did chores (we had to get some responsibility in there somewhere). That night we had our back to school Family Home Evening.

On Tuesday my mom took Nicky and Daisy to Pirate O's and out to lunch. I took Zoe and Eva to Sam's Club and then to McDonald's for happy meals ($3 happy meals have been a real problem for me. For the love, McDonald's!!! Raise the price! I can't live with the temptation!) That night we also hit Taco Tuesday at Del taco, and then we spent the evening riding bikes (which is pretty much how we spend every evening).

(Let's just go a head and make a deal that you are not allowed to add up how many times we've been out to eat this week, mmmkay?) (I didn't even mention that we met friends for lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Monday).

On Wednesday we went to the lake.


I'm pleased to report that I can hoist our new kayak on top of our van and strap it down all by myself. I just have to take a step ladder with me. But hooray for independence!

We hung out at the lake for most of the day and had BLTs for lunch. Nicky is a scavenger like his father, so he found all sorts of treasures. He found two pairs of goggles, a pair of sunglasses, a wrestling action figure, a golf ball, a bouncy ball. and a toy Kristoff. All in the bottom of the lake!


On the way home, we stopped for cookies. Oh my yum!


On Thursday we went grocery shopping, where everyone took turns trying on giant plush heads (my kids all said they smelled funny, and I pointed out how many random people have probably stuck their heads inside).






We came home and got all our food put away, and then went to Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch (you're not counting, remember?) After that we went swimming at my mom's house for the rest of the afternoon.

This morning we woke up early and went to the grocery store for donuts. Then we went to the park for a donut picnic before it got too hot.


(My kids have always wanted to try the big ones. Today I let them).

When it got hot outside (i.e. 9:45 a.m.) we left the park and went on a shopping spree at the thrift store. Deseret Industries is celebrating their 80 year anniversary so everything was 20% off.

We came home, and now my kids are eating eye holes out of tortillas and watching TV through them. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to make them do their chores, and when they are done, they get to sort through my change purse and find Nickels to take to Nickelmania tonight.

I think by the time Monday rolls around, we'll have gotten our fix of summer fun. I'm glad we were able to do so many fun things this year because last year my kids spent the whole summer cooped up in the house while I finished school. We made up for it! But we're going to need a major sugar and fast food detox now.

3 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

They took the $3 kids meals off the menu here... I was bummed but also actually relieved to have an excuse for having to return to the $1 menu for the kids.

JJ said...

Did you take all 4 kids to the lake by yourself? Dang girl!

Britt said...

I did... kind of. A friend and her kids met us there.