Friday, August 10, 2018

Currently {August 2018 Edition}

Reading: Growing Up Social: Raising Relational Kids in a Screen-Driven World by Gary Chapman and Arlene Pellicane and Lilli De Jong by Janet Benton.

Watching: Party of Five. Vintage Matthew Fox.

Wanting: A new muffin pan (I've got my sights set on this one)

Craving: Breakfast prepared and delivered to me on my couch. I ate breakfast while finishing this post. Eggs, toast, and orange juice, if you're wondering. Now I'm craving a post-breakfast nap.

Wearing: A University of Utah shirt, workout capris, and pink socks.

Singing: "Wrecking Ball," thanks to the Salt Lake Police Department. My kids have watched their lip sync video a hundred times, and they now sing and reenact "Wrecking Ball" everywhere we go. Little do the bystanders know, they are imitating their uncle Tim, and not Miley Cyrus.

Stressing about: All the unfinished projects we have around our house. The other day it dawned on me that we don't finish anything ever. We have a half-built shed, a half planted garden, and a half-painted play place in the backyard. When we re-did our kitchen, we never finished putting the doors on the cabinets. We have no baseboards. Our floor is unfinished. We have no banister over our stairs. We never put our second coat of paint on, and we still have two high corners that are blue because we never bothered to bring a ladder in the house. Our storage room has no door, and our kids' closets have no doors. We are 50% kind of people, and I'm stressed about it because I really want to finish our basement, but I can predict what's going to happen there.

Buying: Butter. We're out.

Trying: To be more positive. Did you know that I'm an incredibly negative person?

Missing: Scotty. He's not out of town or anything, but I don't see him very much during the week.

Proud of: My son for doing his hair lately. I don't know where this is coming from, but the kid hasn't been complaining about having hair (he usually begs to be bald), and he has been styling it every day unprompted. Maybe he's starting to care a little about what he looks like... but then again, he is still wearing Hawaiian shirts and gym shorts everyday, so I dunno.

Frustrated by: Nothing. Because I'm a positive person now. Wink, wink.

Looking forward to: Fall weather. I'm so tired of being sweaty all the time.

Neglecting: My hair. I need a trim and a color so bad. Can a girl be honest for a sec? I am getting so much gray hair. It's unbelievable.

Needing: A two-hour window with no kids so I can take all their crap to Deseret Industries. I've been stashing it all in the basement all summer until they go back to school, and I can get it out of my house. They haven't even noticed any of it's missing.

Loving: Toast. I have a toast addiction. I eat toast every day, and I like all sorts of toast. Toast with butter. Cinnamon toast. Avocado toast. Toast and Jam. Bread and Butter by the Newbeats is part of my life's soundtrack.

Thankful for: Health. Recently I spent some time in the hospital. I had two ultrasounds, a CT scan, and several rounds of blood work done. All of my internal organs from the chest down were thoroughly checked, and they are all in pristine condition (except I have a liver like an alcoholic even though I've never consumed alcohol). It was pretty cool to have everything looked at and to know that all is functioning as it should!



1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

Toast!!! I eat toast every morning... Without toast I would never have been able to bear all these children and I 100% am serious about that... It sustained me most pregnancies.

When is school starting... Must be soon?!? Happy dances will soon be in order.