Thursday, August 2, 2018

Exciting Things: An Anthology

Things I got excited about as a child:

  • Big boxes of crayons
  • Home Improvement episodes with a heavy Randy plot line
  • Hearing my favorite songs on the Imagination Station (AM 1060)
  • Getting letters in the mail from my penpal, Kayla
  • Disney movie soundtracks
  • New Littlest Pet Shop toys (the original ones, not the big headed creatures of modern-day)
  • School clothes
  • Book Fairs
  • The Utah Jazz
  • New CDs
  • Irrigation day (the ditch was my favorite place to play)
  • Walking to the store with a ten dollar bill
Things I got excited about as a teenager:
  • Getting passed a note
  • Chinese food
  • When my car would start on the first try
  • Scrapbooking supplies
  • Getting to choreograph and teach dances
  • Exchanging school photos with friends
  • Letters in the mail from my missionary boyfriend (I always come home from school during lunch to check the mail on Mondays)
  • Wide-leg jeans
  • Ham, egg, and cheese bagels from McDonald's
  • Having a Walmart in town so we no longer had to drive to Tooele
  • Rearranging the bulletin board in my room
  • Stealing silverware from restaurants (confession: I had a shoebox full of restaurant silverware under my bed)
  • The Stanley Cup (I loved hockey as a teenager)
  • Riding my bike home from my friend, Michelle's, house (it was all downhill)
  • Scotty driving past my house on his way home from work (my house wasn't even on the way)
Things I got excited about as a young adult:
  • Painting walls shocking colors
  • Harry Potter book releases
  • Free food at work
  • E-mails
  • Double dates
  • The craft store
  • Adam Sandler movies
  • Fun pajama pants
  • Make-up
  • Yard sales
  • Blog comments
  • Positive pregnancy tests
Things I get excited about now:
  • Fresh paint
  • Amazon packages
  • Being alone in the car
  • Library books on the hold shelf
  • Free birthday meals
  • Finding dresses at the DI
  • Free shipping
  • Vans
  • Children sleeping
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Good hair days
  • Grocery shopping without kids
  • Pay day
  • Hoodies
  • Clean sheets 
  • Blog comments
  • A clean house
  • FAFSA grants
  • Good parking spots

2 comments:

Jana Lyn said...

I've recently been thinking about what I used to get excited about versus now. It's interesting to see the changes and you have an amazing memory!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I love that we had such parallel childhood excitements! And better yet, that we shared so many of those memories. Except I don’t think I ever walked to the store with a $10 bill...and now I’m feeling jipped about the whole thing. ��