Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Color Running 2018

Over the weekend, we did our neighborhood Color Run. My friend Jennifer puts this event together every year. We didn't make it the first couple of years because of other activities, but we've gone for the last four. I usually have some of my nieces and nephews sleep over and join us, but Nicky had some merit badge classes and couldn't come, so we just kept it to our three girls.

Color Run 2018
{Nice and clean at the start}

My mom and my mother-in-law usually volunteer as color throwers. My father-in-law just retired so this was the first time he's been able to come. He seemed to think he could get away clean. The grandkids proved him wrong.

Color Run 2018
{Watch your back, Grandpa!}

Color Run 2018
{Grandma and Grandpa}


Color Run 2018 
{Grandpa, Grandma, and the girls}

This was also the first year my step-dad came. He wasn't too enthusiastic about getting covered in color, but he really liked attacking other people. Scotty has never been a fan of the color. He's okay with having mud in his ears, but not color.

Color Run 2018 
{My step-dad throwing red on Scotty}

The after effects are intense. Eva's hair holds on to the pink and purple for a few months, and as you know, my face is stained. I thought it was gone, but I went in the bathroom at church on Sunday, and I could see purple around my nose still. Its always funny to see all the kids at church with lingering color in their hair. The towheads are the best.

Color Run 2018
{Daisy}

Color Run 2018
{Zoe}

Color Run 2018
{Eva}

Color Run 2018
{Why I have a purple mustache}

We've had some really bad air here from the fires, so you can see how the air is hazy in the photos. Icky! I like to think the color dust in my nose filtered out all the smoky contaminants. 

No comments: