Thursday, May 3, 2012

Currently {May 2012 Edition}



Reading: The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (not to be confused with The Alchemist  by Paulo Coelho, which I read last week).



Wondering: how often I'm supposed to put Jet Dry in my dishwasher. I just put some in last week, and it's already empty. Does that mean once-a-year isn't enough?


Also, why is Melissa Gilbert still on Dancing with the Stars? 


And why is the spacing on this post so screwy?

Procrastinating: scheduling my root canal. Why, yes, this is the third month in a row I've mentioned that.


Craving: hummus. I think it's laced with an addictive substance because it's really not that good, and yet, I can't stop thinking about it. The same can be said for sushi, although it's Scotty craving sushi, not me.


Wanting: to go on vacation. I've got the itch, but we have no vacations planned (nor vacation funds reserved) for this year since we're keeping our dentists and our doctors in business instead.

Wearing: jeans, a tank top, and a yellow cardigan.


Needing: the second season of Downton Abbey (I'm currently #148 on the waiting list at the library). 

Suffering from: whooping cough. Self-diagnosed, but I kid you not! I truly think Nicky, Daisy, and I all have it. Nicky has been coughing for 6 weeks, I've been coughing for 4, and Daisy has been coughing for 2. Our doctors keep telling us we have allergies, but they're mistaken. We have PERTUSSIS!!! Google is never wrong, and neither are the billboards on the side of the freeway! 

Thankful for: the meals that my grandma and my neighbor have brought over.

Neglecting: vacuuming the smashed bread out of my family room rug. I kind of like the ants.

Loving: that our local Taco Maker is being turned into a Culver's. I see daily frozen custard runs in my future!



Excited to: read Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I just read the first one, and the teenage girl in me loved it! Don't make fun of me!


Addicted to: young adult fiction, apparently.


Struggling with: a toe wart. Gross, I know, but don't worry! It's almost gone (thank you generic brand wart remover!!!) In the meantime, I'm wearing flip-flops with large cloth flowers to cover my little companion.

Splurging on: new toilets. Two of them. Now I won't have to go plunge the toilet every time we have guests over (they aren't accustomed to our one-square-per-flush policy).

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I often ponder the same question about Jet Dry... I never know when to put it in. And yay for new toilets!

heidikins said...

Did you know that the milky white stuff from dandelions removes warts? Apply 2-3 times daily, let dry, cover with bandaid. My witch-doctor-herbalist Aunt told me, and I've done it several times, and it works (as long as dandelions are in season). And now you know. :)

xox

khead44 said...

Duct tape over warts works too. Just wear it like a band aid. It takes a while, but works.
Have you read The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare? I just finished reading the first three and won't read the next one because the last one isn't coming out until September 2013 (when it comes out I'll read all three as fast as I can). I'm in withdrawals now waiting for them to come out and was thinking about reading Clockwork Prince.

Amber said...

I would have to say I empathize with your never-ending sickness. I have been sick for the past 10 weeks, NOT KIDDING. I had the flu, then bronchitis, then a fun little basement infection due to antibiotics, and then the bronchitis never cleared up so round two of antibiotics gave me another round of basement infections and just yesterday I'm starting round 3 of antibiotics for bronchitis so I'm guessing I'm in for another basement infection. It is awful; my doc decided that if this 3rd round of antibiotics doesn't work he's going to xray for pnemonia- so yeah, my life sucks.