Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothering Inevitables

When you become a mom, there are certain things you will have to experience. Things like:

Mothering Inevitable #236: Bathtub poop

Mothering Inevitable #96: Puke on the carpet

(Also see #'s 97-99: puke in the car, puke in the bed, and puke on the couch)

(And #100: puke on you)

And let's not forget #304: At least one of your kids will eat a live bug right in front of you (and probably a few hundred behind your back).

Or #471: Booger offerings

The other day, I had my first experience with Mothering Inevitable #414, which looks like this:

May 2012 003

{Comb stuck in hair}

I had to smile because I remember when I wound my bangs up in a comb around age four, and my mom had to sit me down and pull out each individual strand of hair. 

No matter what these kids put me through, I love them more than I can say, and I am so thankful to be their mom.

Happy Mothers' Day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Britt!! xoxo

BerlyCrow said...

Is it, or is it not ironic that I did not read this post until AFTER I had given both your offspring suckers with bugs in them?

BerlyCrow said...

P.S. And, people tell me all the time that I am not a "Real" Mom because I have not had the listed #'s 236, 97-99, 471, or 414. My kid tends to keep her bodily fluids and functions to herself. Though she has puked on the floor. Do I get points for that?