Tuesday, October 16, 2018

I'm counting down to dinner time {and ten other random facts}

Fact #1: I have a serious case of the "need to writes" but also a case of "writer's block." Such a bad combination!

Fact #2: As I'm writing this, my son is loading the dishwasher and listening to "Drive Thru" by Weird Al, so there's a pretty good chance I'll be crazy by the time I'm done. No song should be 11 minutes long, but a Weird Al song especially should not be 11 minutes long.


Fact #3: I'm still reading Markus Zusak's new book, Bridge of Clay, and I hate to say it, but I don't think this book is a winner for me. I'm about 300 pages in, and hardly anything has happened in those 300 pages.

Edit: I'm now 400 pages in, and things are starting to come together, but I feel like I've had to wait far too long for this book to go anywhere.

Fact #4: Markus Zusak is doing a reading here in Salt Lake this Saturday.

Fact #5: I'm also reading Church History in the Fulness of Times and a book called Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. I need to finish Lighten Up by Chieko Okazaki because it's due back at the library on Thursday (I'm very close). I am also reading the Book of Mormon in response to the prophet's invitation at the women's session of General Conference. I was already in Alma 58 in my personal study, but I decided to start over so I could "mark each verse that speaks of or refers to the Savior."


Fact #6: I am really needing some changes and some miracles in my life, so I am putting my full faith in the prophet's promise that if I follow his invitation to read the Book of Mormon, "changes, even miracles will begin to happen."

Fact #7: Since I've been on a Church history kick lately, I couldn't help but notice that the time frame in which we've been asked to read the Book of Mormon (three months) is the same amount of time it took Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery to translate the plates. More specifically, they translated the plates from April 7 - June 30, or 85 days. If you started reading the Book of Mormon the day after General Conference (October 8), you would have 85 days to read it before the end of the year.


Fact #8: Today has been freakishly calm. I had plenty of time to do everything I needed to. I even read my scriptures, brushed my teeth, and exercised. My kids were well-behaved, and my house is clean-ish.

What gives?

Fact #9: As soon as I hit "publish" my kids will probably go ballistic, and my house will collapse into a pile of rubble.

Fact #10: Dinner time!

(Ravioli, garlic bread, and salad - if you're wondering)


1 comment:

Jen said...

The 85 day thing is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that. I never would of put that together.