Sunday, December 17, 2017

The Most Excellent Friendship Quiz

About a year and a half ago, I met my friend Shannon, and the angels sang. She lived one street away from me for over a year, and then she moved to the fine state of Idaho. Thanks to the wonders of technology, we are able to stay in touch. We communicate across no less than four apps - because sometimes you need to video chat... sometimes you need to audio message... sometimes you need to send Donny Osmond memes... and sometimes you need to just text old-school style.

Tomorrow happens to be Shannon's half birthday. I'm not normally aware of half birthdays, but it's Shannon, so I thought, "Wouldn't it be wonderful to celebrate Shannon's half birthday with a friendship quiz?"


That's one thing that's so great about Shannon. I know I can approach her with wild ideas about things like friendship quizzes, and she'll be like, "YASSSS!" So I wrote a quiz about our friendship, which I'm going to post for you today. I don't expect anyone to actually attempt this quiz (but don't let that stop you from taking a stab at it, if it suits your fancy), but I gave a copy of this quiz to Shannon, and she is going to complete it. I will post her responses later this week.

With that, may I present you with...


Shannon & Brittany's Most Excellent Friendship Quiz

1. Which song does Shannon sing to me regularly?

A) Mary, Did You Know?
B) Ice, Ice, Baby
C) Puppy Love

2. Where am I mostly likely to be during a phone conversation with Shannon?

A) The laundry room
B) The bathroom
C) The car

3. Which of these movies have I been trying to make Shannon watch for the entire time I've known her?

A) The Truman Show
B) Hairspray
C) The Green Mile

4. What phrase do we use to end many of our conversations?

A) "Aye, aye, Captain!"
B) "In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!"
C) "Go Centennial Park Ward!"

5. Which of these are Shannon and I least likely to do together?

A) Go ziplining
B) Meet Donny Osmond
C) Write a book

6. What is Shannon's education?

A) A Bachelor's in something to do with journalism
B) A Master's in something to do with public health
C) A Doctorate in something to do with special education

(Clearly, I don't actually know what Shannon's degree is, but it has a lot of words).

7. Which restaurant gives Shannon the twitches?

A) Costa Vida
B) Zupa's
C) Chick-Fil-A

8. Which reality show does Shannon loathe?

A) Dancing with the Stars
B) The Voice
C) Fixer Upper

9. Which of these movie characters does Shannon share a name with?

A. 

B. 

C. 


10. Which possession of Shannon's am I most jealous of?

A) Her vast collection of PiYo DVDs
B) Her GMC pick-up
C) Her pantry

11. Which of these is NOT one of Shannon's mantras?

A) Chicken nuggets are life.
B) Proper footwear is everything.
C) Setting people up for success is crucial.

12. What is our favorite 'S' word?

A) Serendipity
B) Synchronicity
C) Salami

13. Which meal have we NOT shared together?

A) Burgers, green beans, and onion rings from The Habit
B) All-you-can-eat French toast at Kneaders
C) Gyros, root beer, and fries from Crown Burgers

14. What obligation do we gripe about the most?

A) Having to do a full groom cycle
B) Having to haul multiple bags to church
C) Having to cook dinner

15. What is our most-used hashtag?

A) #donny4ever
B) #poopwins
C) #respectthemiles

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

I think your most jealous of her pantry.