Friday, May 23, 2014

Wherein I Hurt

Last weekend while we were off on an adventure, we stopped at a park to play and eat lunch.

I decided to work with my kids on a life skill: hanging upside down.

This, of course, required some demonstration. The demonstration wasn't pretty.

  May 2014 

Getting my legs over the bar is a lot harder at age 30 than it was at age 10. (It doesn't help that I weigh 100 lbs more than I did 20 years ago). But I did it! And then I started feeling confident, even though the backs of my knees were sure to give out any second.

  May 2014 

So I tucked in my shirt and started swinging - which hurt really bad, but, overall, things were going well, so I decided to attempt a cherry drop.

  May 2014

May 2014

By dumb luck, I landed on my feet.

I mean, barely

But at least I didn't fall on my head.

I ended up attempting this feat three more times. Each time was equally hideous, but I was really excited that I could still (kind of) do a cherry drop.

The next morning when I woke up, I felt like I'd been beaten with a bat.

My back.

My knees.

Even my ankle! (Which I had repeatedly hit on the bar whilst attempting to get my long, heavy legs up there).

Now, a week later, I am still recovering. 

I'm feeling a little... umm... not young.


3 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

May I redirect your gaze to the first photo?

HOLY CALF MUSCLES, BATMAN!!!

That is all.
xox

Britt said...

Yeah...

Those are Photoshopped.

Just kidding. They're real.

Feisty Harriet said...

Rawr.

xox