Sunday, November 3, 2013

Currently {November 2013 Edition}

Reading: nothing. I'm experiencing a case of reading aversion right now.

Watching: Downton Abbey season 4. It is something I do to wind down on Thursday nights. Like most TV shows, it's not as good as it once was, but I can't quit it just yet.

Procrastinating: nothing. I'm at a point in life where I don't "put things off," I just forget. 

Wanting: a big waffle iron, a double toaster, these, and some new running shoes.

Craving: ice water in my Camelbak water bottle. Sometimes I crave specific water bottles. That's normal, right?

Wearing: a fuzzy, purple robe (it's 6:02 on a Saturday morning) (or at least it was when I started this post. Now it's 5:06 on a Sunday morning).

Stressing about: everything. Here's a little sample from the past 48 hours: handling Halloween by myself while Scotty was at school; having family pictures at 8:00 in the morning the next day; dealing with very fussy baby during pictures; baby breaking out in red sores all over body, baby having hand, foot and mouth disease; baby's 1st birthday; and furnace going out. 

That's just a snippet. There is a lot going on right now, and each individual thing is no big deal, but when stacked one on top of the other, it is crazy pull-out-my-hair kind of stuff. I'm kind of FREAKING OUT over here. 

Relieved by: NOTHING. I am so stressed out. In about a week, when it's all over, I'm anticipating the biggest sigh of relief of my life! 

Missing: sleeping past 5:00 a.m. I used to think waking up at 6:00 to get ready for work was a bit of a burden. Now I cry with joy if I get to sleep that late. My little early risers are slowly sucking the soul out of me. And hearing all of these people say we get an "extra hour of sleep" this week just makes me angry. All it means for me is that the clock says 4:00 when my kids wake up instead of 5:00. 

Excited to: see The Book Thief. I don't even care if I hate the show; I just want to go to a movie! It feels like the biggest luxury to me.

Neglecting: getting my crying baby out of her crib. I just need three more minutes to finish this post that I've been working on for three days.

Thankful for: a warm house.

Looking forward to: a date night with Scotty. We don't get nearly enough date nights, but we're trying to start going once a month. Last month we got to go twice. What?!? Crazy, right?

4 comments:

Miss L said...

Hang in there. I promise it will get better. Your last few posts have me a little worried that you are forgetting how amazing you are--even to someone who only "knows" you via your blog. This motherhood business is a hard gig!!! But you are doing it!!!! Even on days when it seems you are barely. hanging. on. please be proud of the fact that the day started with all three kids alive and well (even at unnatural hours of the morning! even with hand/foot/mouth virus) and ended with them alive and well. Somedays that's what matters. You are doing GREAT!!!! This is such a hard time, when everyone's needs come before yours, but I promise, it gets better. And maybe "better" is the wrong word, but it gets different and the different is better--at least it was for me. Please know you are appreciated for everything you do, even by a 43 year old mom from the midwest who was in these trenches not long ago with her 4 girls (ages 11, 9, 7 and 5) and is back in them a 4 month old baby boy. It's worth it, but that doesn't make it ANY easier some days. You're in my prayers.

Amy Sorensen said...

I agree with Miss L: You are amazing! You are in a tough time of life (fun in some ways...but TOUGH) and it is sort of soul-sucking. I hope you have THREE date nights this month!!!

And...I hear you on the water bottle. The Camelback one is the only one I will use anymore. It doesn't have a weird taste!

Stacey said...

Your poor little one! My sister had to deal with Hand, foot and mouth a couple of years ago and I know it was miserable! I hope your baby has a quick recovery! And did I see running shoes on your wish list?!? Maybe we converted you after all!

heidikins said...

Gaaah, HF&M?! My niece had that and the whole thing was just terrible! Hope she recovers quickly (and that you don't lose your ever-loving mind in the process).

xox