Sunday, April 30, 2023

Draft Week: Post #1 "The Mom I Am"

A few times in the past, I've done a "Draft Week" on my blog where I publish some of the blog posts that I never finished. Last week, I took a look through my draft folder in Blogger and found quite a few unfinished posts. Some of them I never completed because I forgot about them. Others I never finished because I hit a wall and didn't know where to go from my stopping point. Some of them I was worried would hurt someone's feelings or might have been out of line in some way. Regardless of the reason, I have a lot of unfinished posts just sitting around, so I decided I'm due for another "Draft Week." Every day this week, I'll post something from my draft folder. I'll make a few edits here and there, but for the most part, these posts will remain incomplete.

(Aside: I am writing this post on Thursday, April 27, and the NFL draft happens to start tonight at 8:00. I think this is such a funny coincidence, and I only know about it because I accidentally typed "draft week" in the search bar on my browser when I meant to type it in the search bar on my blog so I could link back to a past "draft week"). 

------------------

Let's start off with this post, which I titled, "The Mom I Am:"



I am not…

A “play with the kids” mom.

A PTA mom.

A hugging and kissing mom.

A birthday party mom.

A “fight for the front row” mom.

A sports mom.

A “stay up late” mom.

A swimming mom.

A class party mom.

An adventurous mom. 

I am…

A ride giving mom.

A back tickling mom.

A snack making mom.

A "give you space" mom.

A question asking mom.

A “feed your friends” mom.

A “bring a date” mom.

A photo taking mom.

A “small and simple surprises” mom.

A “meme sending” mom.

A reasonable mom.

----------------------

When I wrote this, I was thinking about all the things I don't really offer as a mom versus the things I do. There's a lot I'm not good at as a parent, but I hope I provide balance with what I am good at. Mostly, I just hope I'm the right gal for the job when it comes to these four kiddos I'm raising.

No comments: