Sunday, April 9, 2023

Currently {April 2023 Edition}

Reading:


Wearing: jeans and a baby blue t-shirt that is severely unflattering, but church is in an hour and a half, so I’ll be changing soon. 

Annoyed by: sigh… a lot right now, and there are a few things I’d love to write about, but I need to hold my peace. Yesterday I thought I was plummeting into mental illness, and I was like, “I’m just going to let this happen!” as my thoughts went haywire. Then I did a little math and realized it’s probably PMS. No matter how old I get, I’m always taken by surprise! I also don’t handle holidays well, so having Easter and PMS overlap is quite a dangerous cocktail.

Embarrassed by: 90% of my Facebook memories. 

Laughing about: Eva singing in the shower right now. I love when my kids get in the shower and lose all their inhibitions, and I can just sit outside and listen to them live their best lives. She’s currently singing “Bang!” by AJR, and every now and then, I hear her jump (may she land safely!!)

Sad about: some relationships that aren’t what they used to be, but I also don’t have the desire to do anything about it.

Watching: Mickey Mouse cartoons (I’m laying in my bed with Zoe right now… before church… on Easter… we’re not sitting around in our dresses talking about Jesus like church culture would have us do).

Boycotting: Easter. I don’t have it in me. I’m on “empty” right now.

Dreaming: of my summer garden. I don’t really want to do the work, but I want all the rewards! (Story of my life!)

Looking forward to: an anniversary trip! Scotty and I are celebrating 20 years soon, and we decided to go on a “just us” trip (which we realized has never happened since our honeymoon except for one time when we drove to Las Vegas and back in a day, and frankly, I don’t think that should really count since we didn’t stay overnight) (also… Vegas and back in ONE DAY? How stupid is that?)

Cooking: bacon. As today’s Easter potluck recipe requires it.

Eating: scones for breakfast.

Listening to: 


Playing:




Needing: therapy.

Procrastinating: making dentist and doctor appointments. I haven’t been to the dentist for over a year (until last year, I’d been so diligent in my oral health), and everyone in the family is overdue for annual physicals. 

But hey! I’ve taken two kids to the eye doctor this year, and for that, I feel like a champion!

Buying: food. Why does it run out so fast? 

Feeling: restrained. It’s hard to describe, but in a few areas of my life, I feel like I’m being held back - like I’m a dog chained in the front yard, and I really want to attack the mailman. 

(I’m good with analogies). 

Missing: Sconecutter. I didn’t eat there often, but sometimes I crave it. I remember having a savory scone sandwich (maybe ham and cheese?) and a sweet scone for dessert and sometimes I just want that.

I also miss a Chinese restaurant from my teen years called Chopstix. I think about their food all the time - I alternated between sweet and sour chicken and sesame chicken. I ate there about once a week (no joke - I was obsessed!) but I wonder… would I even like their food now? Was it really crappy food, and I had no idea? (Teen Britt didn’t exactly have a refined palate). They did go out of business, after all…

Grateful for: my home.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read Better Than Happy by Jody Moore. It’s probably going to change my life. You might enjoy it.