Friday, April 21, 2023

A Good Week

This week has gone by really fast. On Monday I made a goal to have a healthy breakfast every day this week. Now it’s Friday - I can’t believe it’s already my fifth breakfast! Time flies when you measure it in food!

This week has been really good, too. I could do with more weeks like this one. I feel like it has had a nice balance between productivity, personal growth, and wholesome activities. 

This week:

- I finished three books

- I am 111 days soda sober

- I learned how to make my mother-in-law’s potato salad (hers is my favorite)

Behold! Potato salad!

- I socialized (lunch with Christie, walk with Shannon who was in town from Idaho, and a phone call from my aunt Jo)

- I called and scheduled my annual physical with my GP (for some reason this always feels huge) (see you in August, Dr. G)

- I exercised every day

The photo I sent KoriAnn to prove I was at the gym. I may have been sitting still and playing on my phone, but whatever! I was there!

- I took Zoe to the doctor for a rash (deemed a virus)

- I got to skip Young Women (sometimes it’s really nice to have my Wednesday night) (Nicky had a theatre performance)

Nicky and Addie performing a scene from A Woman of No Importance. They’ll be competing at State this weekend.

- I was given an opportunity to provide service by doing something I am good at (I get to use Da Skills!!!) 

- I made an additional payment on our house (our goal is to have it paid off when Nicky graduates, but that means we have to push it a little bit) 

- My little spinach plants in the garden started popping up

What I didn’t do this week… clean my house. It’s not horrible, but it’s also not “company ready.” It’s “if I have fifteen minutes notice, I can fake it.” But I need to get it cleaner than that because I’m hosting book club tonight. 

I just really, really hate cleaning. 

Don’t get me wrong - I’m 100x more mentally stable, capable, and pleasant when I’m in a clean and organized environment. I just don’t like doing my part to make it happen. Especially if I’m making exercise a priority. Because I hate exercising too. Again, I’m 100x more mentally stable, capable, and pleasant when I exercise. But I don’t like doing it. So if I exercise during the day, I’m definitely not going to come home and clean afterward. Ew. 

So today, after I eat my fifth breakfast (of the week, not of the day, you silly! (though I do have those kind of days sometimes)) I will be cleaning and not exercising. Because I can only handle so much. 

Now… time for that breakfast… 


3 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

Mmmm... 5th breakfasts.

Glad you had a good weeks. Gotta love good weeks!

Anonymous said...

Your potato salad makes me so excited for summer BBQs. You’ll have to tell us what the service is that’s something you’re good at. I’m curious.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I made mention! I should call you more often!