Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Twelve Days of Brittish Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Hugh Jackman in my Christmas tree!

(Courtesy of my friend Christie)



On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Two seasons of Cobra Kai!

(I watched the whole first season on Christmas Eve and the whole second season on Christmas Day)


On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Three gold painted Barbies!

(Our girls got these "color reveal" Barbies - they had to soak them in water and remove all the gold paint to reveal their Barbie. Santa had no idea that's what they were when he loaded them in his sleigh)



On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Four fighting children!

(I thought a simplified pandemic Christmas might help my kids' behavior... it didn't)

Watching shrinky dinks in the oven. 
I promise I brushed their hair for Christmas Day.


On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Five 2020 ornaments!

(A popular gift this year).


On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Six jigsaw puzzles!



On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Seven days off work for Scotty!


On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Eight gingerbread houses!

(Two different sessions of gingerbread house making - which is fewer than we normally have)


On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Nine phone calls from my father-in-law trying to connect to Zoom.


On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Ten small family gatherings with masks.


On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Eleven handmade snowflakes!

(Our kids decorated our room with snowflakes one day while we were out Christmas shopping)



On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Twelve rolls of toilet paper!

(Our most popular neighbor gift - and we have no complaints!)

No comments: