Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Currently {December 2020 Edition}

Reading: 

OK, I love Jesus. I really do. But this book is killing me. I set a goal to read it, though, and I'm sticking to it. I've been reading it in the Gospel Library app and making a lot of notes about my own thoughts and realizations as I go. 

Buying: Christmas presents, of course! And maybe Snoop Dogg's cookbook.

(That's what happens when you stay up too late on Black Friday).

Missing: having good hair. Something has happened to my hair in the last year. For one, it's getting a lot shorter without my consent. Then it's going gray, and to top it all off, it's going curly. I've always had a little bit of curl underneath, but now it's getting curly everywhere, and it's growing out curly at the root. The texture of my hair has changed, and I don't know how to work with it. 

Craving: silence. After having my kids out of school for a week for Thanksgiving, I was a little on edge from the noise. They are so stinkin' loud!

Listening to:

Watching: the second season of Virgin River. I'm on episode 3. 

Building: a Christmas Story puzzle. 

Playing:


Loving: school days. 

Feeling: tired. I know that's a boring answer, but it's a true one. I have the tendency to get up early and burn through my energy quickly so I end up crashing by 9:00 a.m. Then I'm tired and dysfunctional for the rest of the day. It's 9:38, so I'm tired. But I was productive this morning! 

Wearing: stretchy jeans that are a little on the "too small" side and a Charlie Brown hoodie. 

Eating: runny eggs, toast, and orange juice (that was my breakfast today. Now I'm happily digesting until lunch).

Looking forward to: lunch. I'm going to make hamburger soup. In other words, "soup with everything in it." It will give me a chance to use up a bunch of veggies from my fridge and freezer. 

Enjoying: the Christmas season. This is such a great time of year. 

Grateful for: things working out. There have been so many times in my life where things have worked out against all odds. They may not work out the way I plan or the way I think is best, but they still work out. 

No comments: