Friday, February 28, 2020

This Post is Brought to You By: Things I Don't Want to Do

Two of my biggest motivators when it comes to blogging are 1) being excited about something and 2) avoiding something.


When I'm approaching an event I'm looking forward to, I am more prone to posting. I usually write a lot when I'm about to go on vacation. I just don't tell you that's why I'm posting... cuz you'll probably rob my house while I'm gone (you'll be very disappointed if you're not a fan of really beat up furniture and LOL dolls with no heads).

I also post frequently when there's something I don't want to do. Which is the case right now. I just got back from the grocery store. I would consider this a "medium" trip. I bought more stuff than I'm willing to ring up in the self-checkout but not enough stuff to bunker down while the corona virus scare pitters out. Even though my haul is "medium" (i.e. "manageable") in nature, I don't want to put any of it away. I did the refrigerated products, and everything else is sitting on the counter, stove, and floor while I engage in avoidance behaviors write this post.

Here's the incomplete list of other things I'm currently putting off:

Scheduling well-child appointments for my kids. Everyone is due, but I think I'll wait until summer. It will give us something to do, and keep us out of a doctor's office during flu season. Plus my kids won't have to miss school. Wins all around! Talked me into it.

Exercising. I went for a walk this morning, so I can check a little movement off my list, but I also try to do some weight lifting everyday. That's what I'm putting off. I just went grocery shopping. I shouldn't have to lift anything for at least three hours.

Showering. There's no reason to shower if I could potentially exercise more today. But if I keep putting off exercise, my shower gets later and later. And I'm going to exercise again first thing tomorrow morning, so I should just wait until after that, right? I don't have plans today. I don't need to be pretty or clean.

Putting laundry away. I don't think I need to even explain this one. I just don't wanna. My "laundry development plan" (I just now named it that) for my children is that from age 6, I fold their clothes and they have to put them away until they turn 9. When they turn 9, they have to start folding/hanging and putting away their own clothes. Why age 9? Because that's when I started making Nicky do his, so I'm just keeping it that way for everyone else for consistency. It's far more work for me to supervise my kids putting their clothes away than it would be for me to just do it myself, which makes me dread it. The fighting... the whining... the shoving of clothes in drawers and having to make them do it over. Sigh...

All varieties of cleaning. 'Nuff said.

Working on the birthday poster for March. I have the supplies. I just need to do it.

Now the question is... should I watch Veronica Mars or read a book?

No comments: