Thursday, February 13, 2020

Love Questions

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd pay tribute to MY LOVE (that's Scotty - just to be clear) with a couple's questionnaire.

----------

How did you meet? We met at church. More specifically, youth conference. I was 12, and he was 15. Our ward went to a ropes course, and we were in the same group. Scotty didn't really catch my eye, though, until I was a much older and wiser 14. Red more here.

Who was interested first? I would say me.

What was your first date? We went to a restaurant called Pardners (now closed) for Scotty's high school graduation. His mom and step-dad took us. Does that count as a real date? Probably not. But in our upbringing, we were discouraged from dating before age 16, and I was only 15, so therefore... parents. Haha! Then we went to Scotty's house and watched Summer of the Monkeys. Which is a movie I never in my life would have picked to watch (now I have a long list of such movies that my mother-in-law has made me watch throughout the years).

How long have you been married? Almost 17 years.

May 9, 2003

Who said 'I love you' first? He did.

Who is taller? Scotty is 6'2" and I am 5'7".

Who is more impatient? Me.

Our first Christmas (married)

Who is more sensitive? Me.

Who's louder? I don't think either of us is very loud.

Who's more stubborn? Me again.

Who falls asleep first? Scotty. No question.

Halloween Two Thousand Something

Who wakes up first? We alternate.

Did you go to the same high school? Yes, but not at the same time.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? Probably Thai Delight and Red Robin.

Where is the farthest you have traveled as a couple? Eastern Caribbean on our honeymoon.

One of many Disneyland adventures

Who is more social? We are probably equal, but we socialize in different ways. I do more organized socializing while Scotty is more social with servers, cashiers, etc.

Who is more competitive? We are different in the ways that we are competitive, but we are equal in the amount of competitiveness. The worst disagreements of our marriage have involved board games.

Who is the neat freak? None of the above. We are not neat freaks at all.

Who hogs the bed? Scotty and his gigantic body pillow! (He will argue this. He is wrong).

2012

Who does the laundry? I do 75%, he does 25%.

Who drives when you are together? Scotty. He's a control freak when it comes to driving.

Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I'm never wrong, so this question is non-applicable.

Me doing my "I'm never wrong" jig

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!

No comments: