Monday, February 24, 2020

Facial Masks are Not For the Weak (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I'm sitting at my kitchen table right now with a peeling mask applied to my face. Did you ever coat the back of your hand with Elmer's glue in school and let it dry so you could peel it off? (Please say yes). It's pretty much like that. But on my face. It's magical! And hilarious to peel it off in front of Scotty because it grosses him out.

Me removing my 
face mask for Scotty

Fact #2: Today I was about to head to Cafe Rio to meet Christie for lunch (sans Thor costume) when I heard a sound in the garage. Past experience led me to believe that the spring on on the garage door had just broken. I went out there to check, and sure enough...


It was a bummer because this is the third time we've lost a spring.

Fact #3: I tried opening the door manually so I could leave to meet Christie, but without the spring, it was too heavy for me to lift alone, and the van was trapped. I called two people for help, but neither answered, so Christie rushed me some emergency food to soothe my woes.

I would've enlisted Christie to help me when she got to my house, but by then, a repairman was on his way.

Fact #4: The repairman fixed the spring and did a good overhaul on our door to prevent a few other problems.

Fact #5: We've lived in our house for 16 years as of February 1st!

Fact #6: Scotty has been diligently working on our basement. The day I first sit on our new couch, prop up my feet, and turn on the TV downstairs, I will cry tears of joy.

Fact #7: We had some excellent board gaming over the weekend.


Fact #8: Definition of "excellent board gaming" - Scotty didn't win.

Chad won Agricola and 7 Wonders. Carlie won Wingspan. And I won Risk.

(See Game Night Ledger for more details).

Fact #9: I'm 35 days soda sober.

Fact #10: My face peeling is underway, and it is a spectacular sight! Pretty sure I accidentally lost half an eyebrow.

No comments: