Thursday, February 6, 2020

I would pay someone to bring me ice water in bed right now (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: This week has been really busy. The "B" word. Eek! But really, there has been a lot going on this week. Some of my obligations wrapped up today, so Friday is going to be pretty chill. I'm looking forward to it. But Saturday and Sunday are going to be pretty packed with things. Good things, but things nonetheless.

Fact #2: This morning I stabbed myself in the finger with an exacto knife. It was a brand new blade and sharp as can be, so it went through my skin quickly and precisely. The puncture was really tiny, but it was deep, and it bled a lot.

Fact #3: I was using the exacto knife to cut out a cardboard detective I made for White Ribbon Week at the elementary school.



Fact #4: Scotty seems to believe that I cut myself a lot.

Scotty might be right. But don't tell him that.

Fact #5: Zoe's dentist appointment went okay on Tuesday. She had six teeth pulled, and her mouth bled for the rest of the day (some of which ended up on my throw pillows). Bleeding from the mouth was a little traumatizing for her and for me because it brought back some anxieties from when her tonsils hemorrhaged, but by Wednesday, everything was great! The cash from the tooth fairy definitely helped Zoe in her recovery!

Zoe in a post-sedation haze

Fact #6: On Monday we got quite a bit of snow here. Many school districts called for a snow day. Our district didn't, but they did call for a two-hour late start and didn't take attendance. 


We were mean and made our kids go to school. Scotty was able to work from home, so he did all the driving in the truck. Otherwise I would have kept the kids home.

Fact #7: The power went out at Nicky's school shortly after he arrived, so Scotty went back and got him and our two neighbor girls. Daisy and Zoe stayed at school all day. There was an average of five kids per class. Preschool was canceled for Eva.

Fact #8: After school there was plenty of time to play in the snow.


Workouts for dads

Fact #9: My friend Christie's birthday was a few weeks ago. In trying to find her a birthday gift, I stumbled across a Fat Thor pin on etsy. Christie loves Chris Hemsworth. Actually, "loves" isn't a strong enough word. There might not be a word for what Christie feels toward Chris Hemsworth. When we went to see Endgame, and it showed Thor having "let himself go," Christie grabbed my arm and didn't release her death grip for about ten minutes. She was laughing so hard that after the movie, the people down the row from us stopped us and told us how they couldn't stop laughing at Christie. 

So, of course, I had to get her the Fat Thor pin. 

Fact #10: But just to make it all the more fun, I spent a week collecting all the pieces I would need to dress up like Fat Thor and meet Christie at Cafe Rio for lunch. 


I sat in my car waiting for Christie to arrive... lookin' all fine... like this:

Nothin' weird going on here

Then when Christie pulled in the parking lot, I jumped out of the car and struck my best Thor pose... 

...and she didn't even look at me!

So I had to run across the parking lot to find her. 

Good times. Now let me know if you need to borrow my beard or my belly. 



1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

You are an amazing friend!!! Your outfit is so good!!!