Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Birthday Posters

This year, I've resumed my duties as my kids' school's Official Birthday Poster Maker. The school opened when Nicky was in first grade. This morning I hung the very last birthday poster that will have his name on it.

Why does junior high have to be a thing? WHY?

Anyway, here are the posters I've made so far this year. 

September
Birthday Posters

October
birthday posters

November
Birthday Posters

December
Birthday Posters

Now that I see the pictures all together, I'm noticing an abundance of blue. I'll have to broaden my color scheme in 2019.

Even though it's a lot of work, it's really fun to make the poster each month. Every time I go to the school to hang them up, whoever is in the hall at the time will stop and wait to see the poster unroll. I break out in a sweat while people watch me tape the paper to the wall (it ends up crooked every time - grumble, grumble), but I'm always met with some rewarding "Oooo's" and "Ahhhh's."

No comments: