Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Kid Quotes

I continue to be blown away by all the things our phones can do. It's amazing to think of everything that can be replaced by a phone - calculators, calendars, six-disc CD changers... heck, even friends!

Someday we will be able to pee on our phones and they will tell us if we're pregnant. Just you wait!

Anyway, one of the things I use my phone for is to keep notes and lists (but not "to do" lists because I can't even) (somewhere on this blog I've written about my aversion for "to do" lists, and if I ever find it, I'll link to it here). 

Some of my notes and lists include:
  • Links to recipes I want to try
  • Ideas for singing time 
  • Blog post ideas
  • Moments I feel that God is real (this is a good one!)
  • Birthday poster ideas
  • Gift ideas
  • Books I want to read
One other note I keep is a list of funny things my kids say. Here are some of my kids quotes from the last couple of months (I only wish I could capture their voices as they say it because their little speech impediments are half the joy!)

"The easiest way to build a man-made lake is to dig a hole and put water in it." 
- Nicky

Wiser words have never been spoken, my dear boy.

"Jimmy Fallon is educational TV. If I didn't watch Jimmy Fallon, I wouldn't have been able to know that Beyonce is married to Jay-Z, and I wouldn't have been able to guess Jay-Z in CatchPhrase." 
- Nicky

He does have a point...

"Eva, let's pretend we can fly and poop on stores!" 
- Zoe

Dream big, Zoe!

"Mom, you were born weird." 
- Nicky

So you're saying it's genetic?

Nicky: I want to make a fried egg, but I have nothing to put it on. 

Me: Put it on toast.

Nicky: No, I mean like a tavern burger.

I don't routinely keep tavern burgers in the house.

"When I grow up I'm going to play two instruments in a band: the guitar and talking loud in a microphone." 
- Zoe

Again with the big dreams! 

One day Eva wouldn't go in the bathroom alone at her grandma's house because she was "too afraid."

Me: What are you "too afraid" of?

Eva: Bad guys and evil cats.

Aren't we all?

Nicky to Eva and Zoe: 

"You two have little kid taste buds, so you like gross things like McDonald's. I have proper adult taste buds, so I prefer gourmet things like KFC."

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

I love these so much! I hate when I miss the chance to write down the cute thing my kid said it is gone forever...