Tuesday, March 27, 2018

What I Need From General Conference

This weekend, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints across the world will participate in a General Conference. The conference takes place twice a year here in Salt Lake City, but it is broadcast to church buildings in over 100 countries. It's translated live into 80 languages, and the transcripts are later translated into even more languages so the messages can reach millions of people from different places around the world.

It is all very miraculous to me.

I'm really looking forward to General Conference because there are some things I really need right now:

-I need to feel PEACE and comfort.

-I need my worries and anxieties about raising children in this world to be put at ease.

-I need to know that everything is going to be okay and that there is still HOPE.

-I need to feel spiritually and emotionally SAFE.

-I need to feel the LOVE of Heavenly Father and the LOVE of my Savior.

-I need confirmation that I'm not screwing up in every aspect of my life.

-I need to escape from the DISDAIN and CONTEMPT that are running rampant in our world.

-I need to feel LOVE for my fellow humans.

-I need to reset and come out FRESH and RENEWED.

I believe I'll get to have every one of these things this weekend, and I can hardly wait!

No comments: