Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Highlights

January
  • I turned 33
  • I had jury summons
  • We became addicted to puzzles - especially Thomas Kincaid Disney ones
  • Scotty got released from Cub Scouts and put in Elders' Quorum
February
  • Scotty went to Disneyland with his man friends (I hosted a cereal party for the wives & children left behind)
  • I started using online grocery services, and my life is forever changed
  • A gallon of milk spilled in the back of our van
  • Nicky learned to snow ski
March
  • I taught my practicum workshops (one of the final steps of earning my degree)
  • The kids and I went to Saint George and Las Vegas for spring break 
  • I went to my grandparents' hometown (Milford) for the first time since I was seven
April
  • Eva turned two
  • I started my internship for school
  • Daisy got stitches (wrist)
  • Nicky took third place in the Pinewood Derby
  • Scotty took a few trips to Moab for work
  • We went on a quick overnighter to Crystal Hot Springs, Logan, Golden Spike, and the Spiral Jetty
  • I met Durga  (a friend from Australia that I met through blogging) in person while she was visiting the States
    May
    • Scotty got a new job
    • We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary
    • I was released from Cub Scouts
    • Zoe had her first dance performance on the stage (Daisy also performed)
    • Eva got stitches (forehead)
    • We took a little two-night trip to Midway
    • Nicky had his jump rope and choir performances
    • We taught Nicky how to use the grill
    June
    • We took our first two-night camping trip with four kids
    • Zoe said her first prayer, got her first real haircut, and learned to ride a bike without training wheels
    • I beta tested some workshops for my internship
    • Nicky went to day camp for Scouts
    July
    • Scotty turned 36
    • I finished my internship
    • Shannon moved to Idaho
    • We took a family trip to Star Valley, Yellowstone, and Rexburg
    • I graduated
    • Scotty traveled to Memphis to do inventory on the temple
    • The milk that spilled in the van in February started to stink again
    August
    • A small project (patching some holes in the wall) turned into remodeling an entire floor of our house
    • Eva got her first haircut
    • Daisy chopped off her hair and donated it
    • We had more problems with the stinky milk in the van, so we ripped out the carpet for the third time and power washed it
    • Nicky earned his Webelos rank in Scouts
    September
    • Daisy turned 8
    • We went to Disneyland
    • Scotty started the Church's Self-Reliance program
    • Scotty and I spoke in sacrament meeting together for the first time
    October
    • I chopped up my wedding dress and made a baptism dress for Daisy
    • Daisy was baptized
    • Daisy had a tube removed from her ear canal after it had been stuck there for five years
    • Scotty traveled to Memphis to close down the temple for renovation
      November
      • Zoe turned 5
      • Scotty traveled to Paraguay to close down the temple for reonvation
      • Scotty worked on the installation for the Jordan River Temple (this is our temple district, so it's pretty cool for him to be involved. The temple has been closed for two years, and we are very excited that it will be opening again in 2018)
      • I spoke at a conference for LDS women
      • I took Nicky to Music and the Spoken Word for the first time
      • I went to Time Out for Women in Salt Lake
      • I went through my Donny Osmond obsession
      • Scotty got released from Elders' Quorum and put in Young Men
      December
      • Scotty took a new position at work
      • Nicky was awarded his Arrow of Light for Cub Scouts
      • We finished installing our new floor
      • I spoke to my first youth group
      • I finally watched the last two seasons of The Office. They sucked as much as I always thought they would
      • Nicky turned 11
      • Scotty and I were asked to be on the committee for the Pioneer Day parade float for the coming year

      No comments: