Monday, September 4, 2017

Improvement

Oh, hi there.

I'm taking a quick break from my If You Give a Mouse a Cookie episode. Scotty and I have spent every spare minute for the past two weeks working on our kitchen. We've hit a bit of a snag (one of many) so I'm currently off-duty.

This morning, we installed our new microwave. We've had a counter top microwave (which we've always hated because counter space is sparse around here), so our dream has been to move our cabinets so we can hang a microwave over the stove. We hung it this morning then suddenly, we lost half the voltage in the outlet.

We aren't sure what the problem is, but Scotty is working on getting us more power.


I'm staying clear of the kitchen for a while because our projects are getting in the way of each other.

I remember why we've put off home renovations for so long! They are a pain in the tuchus!

I was super motivated for the first week, and then last Thursday evening, I hit a wall. It felt exactly like my last year of school. I wasn't sure how I could go on. The thought of lifting a paintbrush for one more second made me all sorts of crazy.

Just to give you an idea of how much time I have spent painting, I listened to 32 episodes of The Office and an entire audio book in three days while painting. I also had phone conversations with friends and listened to some music, so my rough estimate was that I spent 56 hours painting from Monday to Thursday of last week. My routine has been to drop Zoe off at preschool, go to Lowe's for my daily supplies, and then paint until 11:00 each night with small breaks for picking up kids.

The poor kids have been so neglected.

BUT...

We are accomplishing some tasks that really needed to be done, and that feels AMAZING!

There's still a lot left to do, so blogging will be sporadic for a while, but I've been posting some pictures and updates on Facebook, so check it out if you haven't already.



No comments: