Sunday, September 17, 2017

Brad Makes Me Cry

The kitchen renovation continues...

Remember how a few months ago I couldn't stop mentioning that I had graduated? Well, now I've moved on, and I can't write a post without mentioning the work we are doing in our kitchen. It's all-consuming. So bear with me while my kitchen is the center of my life.

(Still happy about the graduation thing, though. In fact, at church today, I was sitting in the pew thinking about the fact that I have a degree, and I started crying. I just never saw myself achieving this. I'm still in shock that I did it, and I have little moments where I remember, and I almost lose it).


Anyway, I've needed a lot of music, podcasts, and re-runs to get me through my kitchen renovation. A couple of weeks ago I was listening to a Brad Paisley play list on YouTube while I was working in the kitchen, and I kept getting teary eyed (maybe it's time for me to take my quarterly pregnancy test - it's kind of a tradition that about every three months I get super hormonal and paranoid that I'm pregnant. Ah, the life of a woman!).

Those Brad Paisley lyrics, though...

{Via}

Before I get into that, let me tell you about my history with Brad Paisley.

One year for Christmas, Scotty bought us tickets to a Brad Paisley concert. I knew who he was and knew some of his songs, but I wasn't really a "fan." I was neither thrilled nor disappointed by the tickets.

Then we went to the concert, and I converted.* Brad Paisley gave an amazing performance (and I can say the same for the next concert of his we went to). I think I listened to Brad Paisley for about three months straight after that first concert.


I learned to really respect Brad and his music. Some of his songs are a little cheesy, and in all honesty, he doesn't have a beautiful or a powerful voice. It's not a bad voice, it's just not "beautiful." But that guy can perform and entertain like you wouldn't believe. He is really, really talented.

I know nothing about playing the guitar (though I have a guitar and used to be able to play a wicked awesome rendition of the Hanukkah Song), but I'm pretty sure that what Brad Paisley does with a guitar is worthy of respect.

And if you look past the cheesy songs (which I still love despite the cheesy factor), he writes some really meaningful lyrics.

Which is probably the reason I cried while I painted my cabinets.  Well, that and it's just really horrible to paint cabinets.

*I also realized at that concert that I have a dream to play the fiddle in a country band, and now, thanks to Carrie Underwood, I also want to play the harmonica. Like, really play the harmonica, not just Oh Susanna, which I've known how to play my whole life.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

We LOVE Brad Paisley, and man he puts on an incredible concert. We've been three times and I just adore him. I've never been disappointed

Trisha said...

Oh Susanna is the only song I can play on the harmonica as well, Thanks to Grandpa.