Friday, March 27, 2015

Not Buying It

The Colonel

My cat is about twelve years old, and with that age, he is starting to lose the ability to groom himself. He has become matted on his back, and it's not pretty. I'm considering taking him in for a shave. If I knew he'd kick the bucket within the next year, I'd leave it be, but since he could go on living for many years to come, I think I need to intervene with his hygiene. I've never had to put that much effort into a cat before. Well, technically, he's the only cat I've ever been solely responsible for, so of course, I've never had to put that kind of effort into a cat. Heck, I don't even get my kids groomed regularly!

As I consider the grooming possibilities for my matted cat, I've been looking at cat brushes. We used to have a cat brush, back before we had kids and we could actually take the time to brush our cat, but it is long gone. Today I was looking on Amazon to see if I could find something amazing when I discovered this: the love glove.

Yes, it's called... The LOVE GLOVE.

For that reason, alone, I can not buy one.

Just to be a thorough consumer (even though I'd already decided against buying a love glove) I went ahead and read through the Customer Questions and Answers where I found this amusing question:

"Will Four Paws Purple Love Glove Cat Grooming Mitt working on my son? She young and ugly hair."

I had to laugh because I have no idea what that customer is really asking. The answer, though, was simply... "No."

All I can say is that if the answer to that question is "No," I'm glad I decided not to buy it!


No comments: